Shatter is auto buttering

Trying this now so no picks of slab. Do you also whip when your raising the temp? Whats your max temp?

Nope. That will take you other places. If you already have nucleation, there is no need to agitate to initiate.

By all means go there, cause hey the boss wants more skus.

So show him someā€¦then educate him :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Dropping dry ice in your -30 chiller is not an option (or am I supposed to remember that you canā€™t get that?)?

1 Like

I am currently going to switch my coolant in the chiller to ethanol. Right now i am running a 50/50 proplyene glyco distilled water mix and the pump is having a hard time pumping due it the viscosity of the fluid. So maybe when i switch to ethanol i will give this a shot. Just waiting it to come in.

Do you do this under vacuum?

it might not like pumping fizzy either. tread slowly. you want to be very gentle with your additions. youā€™re NOT trying to make a slurry at -78C, youā€™re trying to assist your chiller down to -40 or -50.

if you do try this, it it absolutely imperative that the coolant has a free path back into the reservoir at all times.

other wise you risk imploding your rig from pressure building up in the jacket.

(you know: something like THIS)

most chillers will have a check valve on the output line, so that coolant doesnā€™t back flow when the system is shut down. if youā€™re connecting your system to your chiller with QC fittings, either remove them or donā€™t try this trick.

2 Likes

No vacuum. Max temp really depends on quality. Highest i want on good material is 105-110Ā°f. Lid on jar. No whip

1 Like

Using agressive acidic medias like t41 or perform6000 will help yield a harder oil. They strip terpenes more thus making a stabler shatter

3 Likes

blondes they must have, and all of it shatterā€¦diamonds they want, because terps they donā€™t matter?

CRC taste like shit change my mind

8 Likes

Lol. Like the Dr. Suess rhyme.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Foodie thread

but seriously,

2 Likes

No agree whole-heartedly witht his statement. If they wanted terps they would buy something else. As for me im a sauce and batter guy. Love terps. And no i have not tried green eggs and ham.

I have never understood the desire for shatter. Terps aside, it is a pain in the ass to deal with.

4 Likes

Iā€™d imagine because its the least pungent and you can put it in an envelopeā€¦

6 Likes

Aka mails mo betta

5 Likes

Fair on that point. I mean custies specifically though

2 Likes

Yep. I used to love when people bitch about their shatter sugaring up. Sorry for the terps man im sorry.

5 Likes

I agree but extractors donā€™t get to dictate which extracts people buy. Since a lot of people are mid-lower class, they buy low-mid grade marijuana products. Itā€™s the same reason you can buy a fifth of whiskey for 10 bucks. Some people like flavor, some people just want to get messed up on what they can afford.

Thereā€™s a lot more wholesale opportunities for shatter from what Iā€™ve seen

2 Likes

yeah, but deliberately wrecking good whiskey so you can sell it really isnā€™t a thing is it?

mids sell. that doesnā€™t mean having another shelf above that isnā€™t a valid business model.

oh shit, this whisky has been sitting around in this old barrel for 25 years, guess we better throw it out because the customers insist on 15 year olds

5 Likes