Shatter is auto buttering

it might not like pumping fizzy either. tread slowly. you want to be very gentle with your additions. you’re NOT trying to make a slurry at -78C, you’re trying to assist your chiller down to -40 or -50.

if you do try this, it it absolutely imperative that the coolant has a free path back into the reservoir at all times.

other wise you risk imploding your rig from pressure building up in the jacket.

(you know: something like THIS)

most chillers will have a check valve on the output line, so that coolant doesn’t back flow when the system is shut down. if you’re connecting your system to your chiller with QC fittings, either remove them or don’t try this trick.

2 Likes

No vacuum. Max temp really depends on quality. Highest i want on good material is 105-110°f. Lid on jar. No whip

1 Like

Using agressive acidic medias like t41 or perform6000 will help yield a harder oil. They strip terpenes more thus making a stabler shatter

3 Likes

blondes they must have, and all of it shatter…diamonds they want, because terps they don’t matter?

CRC taste like shit change my mind

8 Likes

Lol. Like the Dr. Suess rhyme.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Foodie thread

but seriously,

2 Likes

No agree whole-heartedly witht his statement. If they wanted terps they would buy something else. As for me im a sauce and batter guy. Love terps. And no i have not tried green eggs and ham.

I have never understood the desire for shatter. Terps aside, it is a pain in the ass to deal with.

4 Likes

I’d imagine because its the least pungent and you can put it in an envelope…

6 Likes

Aka mails mo betta

5 Likes

Fair on that point. I mean custies specifically though

2 Likes

Yep. I used to love when people bitch about their shatter sugaring up. Sorry for the terps man im sorry.

5 Likes

I agree but extractors don’t get to dictate which extracts people buy. Since a lot of people are mid-lower class, they buy low-mid grade marijuana products. It’s the same reason you can buy a fifth of whiskey for 10 bucks. Some people like flavor, some people just want to get messed up on what they can afford.

There’s a lot more wholesale opportunities for shatter from what I’ve seen

2 Likes

yeah, but deliberately wrecking good whiskey so you can sell it really isn’t a thing is it?

mids sell. that doesn’t mean having another shelf above that isn’t a valid business model.

oh shit, this whisky has been sitting around in this old barrel for 25 years, guess we better throw it out because the customers insist on 15 year olds

5 Likes

Greater opportunity for sales comes with a higher quality product at a lower price point. Making shatter doesn’t cost any less than making sugar. I can get sugar at the same price point as shatter here in Oregon. Make a better product and sell it at the same price as the lower grade product. You shouldn’t ever have a problem with sales using this model.

3 Likes

see:

for counter argument :joy:

“stable” is about how is fairs by post.

1 Like

Tell that to Johnnie Walker and the other malt blenders

Edit: not relevant here though, they do it for product consistency and clearly that’s not what we’re talking about

3 Likes

You both are missing the point. No one is going around saying “wreck whiskey”

I’m saying some people can’t afford top shelf products. A corvette or Ferrari is a nice car, but not everyone can buy one right?

Some people have to buy cheaper things and there’s a lot of people that don’t have a lot of money to spend on a 30-60 for a single gram. Some people would rather spend 30 bucks on two grams so they can get through their paycheck. Since it’s low cost, it sells more.

I’m not saying only make shatter and I’m not saying it’s better by any stretch. I make diamonds, badder and sugar all the time. But if I can make several thousand more dollars every time I make dispensary drops, why wouldn’t I? Because I’m trying to educate the customer? We’re running a business, not a wax education seminar

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes