Sauce / live resin carts

There are highly volatile terpenes that will literally evaporate out of most jars if you don’t keep them refrigerated. All my oil lives in a fridge. I can serve up a couple days worth of dabs and by the 5 or 6th day, a large portion of the terpene fraction has evaporated away.

When running FF you get all these highly volatile terpenes…that would normally evaporate away in the drying and curing process. You will have a different terp profile running FF compared the the same material after being cured.

Indica and sativa are definitely marketing terms now…on disty carts no less lol

9 Likes

Yeah, I think my issue is with the term ‘live’, it’s used so often at this point it seems meaningless.

Freshly frozen materials absolutely are different than cured.

5 Likes

Gotcha. Yes…the term “live” has officially been murdered.

7 Likes

I like the term fresh frozen extract the best but the problem is if you heat it then it is not the same as true live resin even if started from fresh frozen.

Any tips or tricks on making live sauce for carts? So far we have been letting the sauce off gas at room temp for 15-20 min, then we put the sauce in a vac oven at 200f ( in a Pyrex) we do this to prevent sugaring in the sauce. We let sit in the 200f oven with no vac until the sauce isn’t visibly purging off gas, then we pull it out a leave at room temp. We are doing some R&D on the residual solvents left in the sauce but assume the temp moves the solvent out.

200f seems pretty hot. You’re not decarbing at this temp?

We are decarbing at that temp, the company we are producing the sauce for has requested no sugar with their terp sauce and wants the entire batch to be “saucy”

We tried 140-160f and the sauce crashed out pretty hard

You wanna pay me? I’ll help :slightly_smiling_face:

Debatable.

Decarbed thca and reintroduced hte.

Solvent residuals.
Also, no benzene in my solvent. At least at this RL

5 Likes

gotcha, my bad, I thought you were going for nondecarb’d sauce.

1 Like

This is blasphemy

6 Likes

I like my thca:hte around 70/30

1 Like

I didn’t change the ratio at all. Just decarbed the thca and reintroduced

3 Likes

Nice! I haven’t ever done that and got it tested to see the actual terp content.

I have always just separated and adjusted the ratio to my liking.

1 Like

Live resin “sauce” can def be higher than 50% THC. Higher THC mean less % of terps.
Would that even work in a cart without additives though? Seems highly unlikely.
I was referring to a live resin cart not sauce. I run allot of fresh frozen and some is more terpy than others so I am sure not every batch tests 78% THC. Terp total @.8.9% seems very low for live resin.

1 Like

We are using the high temp in order to prevent sugar, the company we are making this for wants all of the sauce. if it sugars they want it decarb and mixed in. If you have any knowledge on how to keep the sauce a sauce with no sugar and without the high temp I would love to know!

I would love a non decarbed sauce tech if you are willing to share

That one worked just perfect in a cart without adding anything.

Here’s one with a higher terpene percentage.

1 Like

Crash thca, seperate terps/hte/sauce (whatever you wanna call it), decarb thca, mix your now thc with sauce at desired ratio

That’s what I would do anyways. That temp is going to fuck with your terps. Real bad.

2 Likes