Running kief as biomass in a butane rig

I have a couple lbs of kief to run in my butane rig. Might be a regular thing.

I was thinking of mixing trim to kief 2:1 and loading a column with a light pack. I’m hoping for decent flow and even coverage on the kief.

I figure I should a significant amount more solvent. Run 30-35 lbs of solvent over 2 lb of trim mixed with 1 lb of kief.

I thought about mixing 1 part kief, 1 part ultra clear, 1 part activated alumina, and giving it all a good soak with cold butane, and washing extensively with fresh solvent. I was thinking the coarse media would help the kief not clump and channel. I’m not sure if a direct mix, material with media, would offer any color remediation but I’m more interested in not clogging.

I honestly like the idea. Less undesirables present, with more target compound present. That’s the makings for fire hash.

Anyone have tips on running straight kief? Does anyone use any packing material to help run straight kief?

I have searched…but there was not a thread on the specific topic that offered much useful information.

1 Like

Did you run across these two?

Your strategy sounds appropriate.

@beaker might suggest some sand from the volleyball court.

Only time I’ve used butane on kief was back in my open blasting days. I used a stainless thermos to do a 60min soak. Out doors. At around -5C ambient which is about as cold as it gets around these parts.

Pretty sure I used one of @Graywolf’s write ups for reference.

Wasn’t impressed with the results, but that was more likely the input quality.

Chances are it wasn’t particularly high quality if someone handed it to me to destroy at that point in my career :shushing_face:

Edit: I can’t find the write-up I used, but the all knowing one does give a couple of threads to pull on when asked about kief+thermos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kief+thermos

6 Likes