Rso vs cannabutter for cancer

Asking for a friend’s dad. He has read a lot online about rick simpson oil and has purchased syringes of it. They were labelled 25% total cannabinoids, so I assume were diluted with mct oil.

My question : is there any rationale for using an ethanol extracted product for edibles for a cancer patient instead of simple cannabutter?

1 Like

More likely they were made with leaf or post extraction biomass. I’ve seen RSO’s as low as 19% cannabinoids.

Yes, you can make 60% or even 70% RSO, you’ll never get that sort of potency with canna butter. Not sure you can even hit 10%

1 Like

Do you think that makes a difference from a medical standpoint? The butter is lower percentage, but one consumes more volume. My problem with making edibles is getting them too strong.

1 Like

If you’re trying to go for purely medicating purposes of personal use, use 5lbs of butter : 5-6 solo cups full of flower/bio that tests atleast 25%+ & saturate into melted butter. Turn on high for 3 hours & store occasionally, then on low for 2 hours. It’ll be strong. Use a fudge formula that involve butter & you’ll have a quick easy edible that’ll put someone in a much better perspective.

2 Likes

There are two approaches to treating cancer with cannabinoids.

Lower doses to treat pain and/or the nausea of chemo, and higher doses (gram plus a day) to ostensibly “treat” the cancer.

The lower dose route has pretty decent data to support such use. The higher dosage, not so much. At least from a clinical data viewpoint.

If going the higher dosage route, higher potency input makes it easier to administer.

It’s certainly possible to achieve 1500mg thc a day in canna-butter, I’m just not sure it would be all that much fun.

Using potency tested input isn’t required but it’s certainly a great idea if you can manage it.

@Graywolf has been playing this particular part of the game for a long time, maybe he can offer some insights?

8 Likes

In short, we provided free meds to end of life patients and those with serious illnesses just to determine the effect.

A gram a day of concentrate showed miraculous recovery in some cases, and no notable effect in others. Even with the same types of cancer.

Dr Robert Melemede is the person currently paying the closest attention to advancements in cannabis cancer research, and the person I would contact for the latest.

We sponsored him for a lecture on the effects of phyto cannabinoids on the human endocannabinoid system and he said that there are two basic types of cancer. Fat loving and sugar loving. Removing that food from your diet is the first step.

Secondly, the phyto cannabinoids cure nothing, but instead jump starts our endocannabinoid immune system that has failed, or we wouldn’t have the cancer in the first place. The jump starting restores apoptosis, so that the tumors simply commit suicide as requested.

25 Likes

How to prep your material?

Do you ever use fresh flower?

I suppose it depends on the person. Those who have never taken cannabis before might have a hard time adjusting to high doses. The rso however gives you a clear indication of dosing and I suppose that’s positive. With butter, you don’t know how much is in it. The first time I ever made butter for myself I overdid it and got a bit ill from it. Made me paranoid as fuck.

2 Likes

Hope this helps @Autumn_Ridge_Hemp

3 Likes

Are there certain meds that will cause adverse reactions if the person takes RSO along with whatever cocktail the Dr gives? Are there some that can be not taken at all when starting RSO?

1 Like

Well interactions between cannabis and different prescription medications are not well noted across the board; So you should consult your prescribing doctor or primary care physician before doing a high thc treatment if you are on any prescription medications. At the very least inform your prescribing doctor or primary care physician that you plan on doing high thc treatment.

:point_up:t2: Even over the counter (otc) medications like supplements, vitamins, suppositories, NSAIDS and common fever relievers may have certain interactions but that varies.

2 Likes

Anyone making RSO or other end products with other noids I can try with my mom?

Is there a reason I keep having producers request hemp and cannabis be extracted with Grape Seed Oil instead of ethanol? Is it better for cancer?

3 Likes

CBD is known to have negative interactions with drugs that interact with P450 enzymes, it’s possible for someone to die as a result of CBD combined with medication that interacts with this. Same reason a lot of CBD products say to consult a doctor if you have medication that you can’t eat grapefruit on. Not sure on THC or other cannabinoids interactions, but with so many pharmaceuticals out there, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some type of interaction with something.

I would recommend consulting with medical professionals and being careful with any side effects. Many medications include warnings about Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, and this woman didn’t stop taking the medication + liposomal CBD.

4 Likes

Were the meds you provided just thc or with other cannabinoids?

They were full spectrum.

I didn’t word my question correctly. Did they include CBG?

Yes. Quantity depending on material extracted.

1 Like
3 Likes

Cannabis and Imune therapy.pdf (464.1 KB)

2 Likes