Rosin vs Solvent Extract Yields

Hey All,

Doing between 7-15 contract rosin hash washes daily in a legal state, in the process discarding a lot of washed material. Sometime’s we’ll get a strain in that’s super loud and looks she will dump, only to have an extremely low rosin return. All plants wash differently so I think it’s more genetics vs quality. Has anyone ever tried to take the washed material, dry it out and run it through a solvent extraction?

If so I would love to hear your process and the yield variations.

3 Likes

Not all strains created = to oil. Its strain dependant.

My prized strain couldnt come close to a general strain when it came time to squish.

3 Likes

Rosin pucks and all material goes to Ethanol for distillate imo.

I wouldn’t blast it.

4 Likes

We turn the pucks to BHO. I’m wondering about the washed material.

1 Like

I’d like to see the end results.

Right, I’m talking yield size difference of same strain using rosin vs solvent technique, not different strains

1 Like

Not all squeeze

1 Like

Pucks to BHO?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d like to see the bho!

1 Like

You’ll always get more while washing or blasting vs squishing.

4 Likes

Youll always yeild less doing rosin compared to bho or etoh.
Rosin yeilds is what got alot of people screwed up when it was blowing up.
Alot of people saw $ bought a press and started squishing their entire grow. Only to get dark low yeilding oil. I remember that too well. It was all indoor. Sucks he didnt recover from that

3 Likes

You could extract it wet, I got hydrocarbon teks for sale fam

1 Like

That’s what I’m curious. What that wet would yield, I don’t even know if it would be worth doing.

To dry could wring dry then freeze dry, basically into a keif like powder.

If you want to dry it invest in a panda spin dryer, a heater, fan and a dehumidifier

1 Like

Here’s my “ethnic pot tek”

2 Likes

Any reason you recommend that over the freeze drier?

I’m sure a freeze dryer could replace the heater, fan and dehum but the panda or any basket centrifuge is a must!

So my papaya punch yields 5.6% bho. Just got a rosin batch done and it came to 2.137% rosin.

3 Likes

Ouch.
I wouldnt even run material yeilding 5%
It would take 20 lbs to equal 1 5 lb run from what im used to.
4 times the work is never fun

5 Likes

Are you an organic dirt grower? The reason I ask is a buddy of my is an organic dirty fingers and with him standing their and using my press technique his Stardawg pressed out to just above 5% and my Stardawg grown in hydro using Jacks pressed out to 18%. So your grow style also affects your yield.

1 Like