Rosin yields

So I’m looking for past results on your rosin wash and press. Recently had a garden done and I want to confirm the results. The strain I had done was papaya punch. Papaya. Send me your results and how many presses did you get or do.

1 Like

see also: Rosin vs Solvent Extract Yields (not much there yet)

max theoretical yield is based on input potency. hitting the theoretical yield is far less likely with rosin than with solvent based extractions. Most report that yields are strain dependent. most doing in commercially are collecting trichomes first.

when you say “had a garden done” I assume you mean you had someone else make rosin for you…and you’re concerned that you got ripped off. do you know how it was made?

2 Likes

Your correct. They said they washed then pressed it. They said they were upset with the first half yields so they stirred extra on the second half and didn’t get much more. After wash and press they said yield was 2.5% I calculated it to be 2.173%. They gave me back 19.5z. Input was 29k live fresh frozen. And the product definitely has coverage

Pictures of the flower dried. My ig benjibar has video of the garden for your view to tell me more on what you think. Thanks for the reply

1 Like

You can get 10-25% yields on flower
(garbage rosin)

Dry sift I yielded consistently near 15-18% actual weight (tumbler\3screen kit carded)

Washing you can get yields around 10-20% weight.

Pressing after washing/Sifting I normally get a 60-70% return off that weight.

Most my experience comes with BBK, GG#4, Sour Diesel, and a few other common strains.

If you get a low yield, save the material for distillate and keep movin’

6 Likes

…and what would you expect?

if we imagine those flowers are at 18% once dried.

2 Likes

Id expect a 10% rosin pressed return.

on fresh frozen?

1 Like

I dont have the material. It was process by another person. They process for a commercial company and they wash this strain. So just hard for me to see the big boy washing it all the time if it was a low yielder

1 Like

Yes. Fresh frozen trim by the turkey bags.

1 Like

I personally tumble/drysift fresh frozen and prefer the end results I can dab right after.

Washing makes the Terps tastier, but I like making some THCA / terpene separations and not waiting on a freeze dryer.

1 Like

What’s your process on that? That’s why I had to contract it out. Don’t have a freeze dryer yet… I know lame. But soon hopefully. Also I haven’t gotten my flower tested. But I would have to look up the range this strain usually falls in. I’ll back to you on that info

1 Like

You can get a good starter kit by reading my initial post. PollenExtractor.com tumbler is super cute for doing small runs. $150?

You can get Dulytek spring loaded plates on Amazon Prime that work really well. $300?

3/4 screen sift kit (bigger the better) are cheap

Buy a 20ton Harbor Freight press (100-150$)

3 Likes

Everything I’m seeing for the strain is between 20-25% thc

1 Like

That’s good. You press a nug it’ll squirt 20% with a ton of garbage.

But when you sift / wash = you don’t get everything.

Then when you bag & press = not all turns to oil

So you have two stages of loss.

Also: wash gurus replied to that thread and are very helpful.

1 Like

so trim wet then freeze?!?
Then collect trichomes? (wash/dry sift)

10% yield from 75% water content trim, that might be 18% cannabinoids once dried (lets call it 10% moisture)?

I don’t understand the math on that…

1 Like

From my experience with having flower washed, it is very strain and pheno dependent. I usually try and wash a small amount first to see yield before I go and commit to wash a large batch. I am looking for 20-25% equivalent dry weight which would equate to 4-5% fresh frozen. I have seen absolute fire product that has tested high, return very low yields, therefore you never know until you do a test wash.

2 Likes

I wish they did a test run before the whole batch. Bho gives me 5.6% on the same strain

2 Likes

I didn’t handle the trim. I purchased it fresh frozen, and believe it dried a pinch before the freezer for my dry sift projects.

Wet trim fresh frozen washing I read is successful however.

You can never expect a high yield based on the plants thc %

You have gotta find a gusher (strain specific)

GG#4 is a gusher.
Dosido was not.

4 Likes

that math works…

1 Like