Fresh Frozen Flower Uses After Bubble

The point of the video is at 1;06 Dick dick dick dick. The simple solution here is to do a pre wash of your material so your not smoking BUG DICK or BUG SHIT

2 Likes

Bug parts are just gonna be there. That’s the nature of nature. Even all your household spices have acceptable limits for ppm of bug parts… not that any of it is whole parts, we’re mostly talking pieces of legs, leftover bits of exoskeletons, and yes, the occasional, but with good quality, rare full bug, usually in a mummified state, if you will. Bug dicks cracks me the fuck up though, all these 7 legged ants and shit :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Ah lipids I have been smoking lipids since the 60’s. which is why in my later years in life I’m looking to clean up my habit a bit. Most of my strains that I run I can get 15% return on my squishing. then I plan on doing a Ethanol Winterazition before I throw it in a short path to clean it up. Which is a true solvent-less extraction.

1 Like

Perhaps that’s some of the unknowns in test results haha.

1 Like

you could run some limonene over it. you don’t need to dry it to use that as a solvent.

3 Likes

Just add your wet biomass to a giant pot on a propane burner Asian style. Or Mexican style… I guess maybe southern style too. Anyways you don’t have to dry it just don’t let it sit to mold.

Add a bunch of your favorite cooking oil enough to saturate 1 Lb. Let’s say 5 gallons. So you have 5 gallons of avocado oil in a giant ethnic pot heating on a propane burner. Add maybe 2 gallons of clean filtered water. Prepare biomass bags (all mesh ) with small amounts of your wet biomass. I do 1 Lb dry weight but we’re talking wet so idk… Dunk bags in your solution for Max 5 min. Drain bags via gravity for 1 min and Use a panda to centrifuge out the residual liquids. Replenish the ethnic pot with reclaimed liquids. Once you are done extracting, you can let the water/oil cool down. Use a set funnel or siphon to separate the layers. The water is garbage and must be removed to inhibit mold growth. Dry the oil layer with molecular sieve beads. Filter the oil solution to minimum 5 micron. Sterilize/ finish drying the oil via pasteurization

Am I crazy or what

10 Likes

Good 5star bubble hash goes for like 50-75/ gram.

Rosin pressed into diamonds and Live Rosin goes for even more.

Theres gotta be a sweet spot of getting the most 5star resin and still having enuf to make it worth it to ETOH extract.

GMO is always the best hash and rosin round these parts.

That one guy made the purple rosin diamonds tho WOW!! :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

Where have you seen purple rosin diamonds?

Couldnt you just etoh wash after. Lol.
Does washing ever get get 100% even with multiple washes? Never made hash

Water ruins ethanol

3 Likes

And there it is lol
I was like why hasnt anybody said this yet. Now i know (i knew waterr ruins alcohol just too high to put 2 and 2 together right now. Lol)

1 Like

6 Likes

Honestly. I’ve tried solventless purple diamonds. You might as well just light your nose hairs on fire.

Pretty hype color. Garbage taste.

7 Likes

Amazing picture. I once helped someone convert CBD to THC and we then distilled as the last part to get pure THC. As we poured the collected THC into a vial it was reacting with air and light and in front of our eyes turned a rose pink color just like these diamonds.

@moveweight its a pure/isolated chemical. No way a pure chemical is going to have a good taste unfortunately. Unless its like a pure terp I guess.

2 Likes

stoned loses scissors

1 Like

This is something I’ve been thinking of late.

Do you wash your material right at harvest Thedawg?

Been thinking of the contaminants and dust that settles on my plant through its life. I’m growing in a room in my basement, isn’t ideal for the cleanest grow. Probably some of it making it into my bubble hash, is pre-washing material before freezing a reasonable thing to do?

1 Like

some dip the entire plant in 2%v hydrogen peroxide before hanging to dry…

see: Powdery mildew help - #12 by cyclopath

you don’t want any water on the trichomes when you freeze so “fresh” frozen might mean hung for 24hrs then frozen.

5 Likes

how does winterizing with ethanol count as “solvent-less”?!?

I agree the Co2 guys try that nonsense on their customers all the time, but I don’t understand why you would feed that line to yourself…

“solvent-free” might be appropriate

you can get to distillate without solvent…

see: Stabilizing high potency THC (thank you @Beaker!)

5 Likes

Yes, I have recently come across the hydrogen peroxide bucket dip method. Or seen guys using lemon juice in place of H202.

I am really on the fence with actually including this into my harvest procedures, maybe just because it seems a little silly to dunk my plants in buckets of water. I just wonder how much benefit I would see in my end hash product from adding a pre-wash like this.

My bubble hash have come out green/brownish and never looking like that white sand 6* I see in videos. I realize that I have been agitating a little to aggressively, as well as using cubes that had some sharp edges, which I assume added some plant material to the final product.

Im about 3 weeks away from harvest and want to have the best plan for the best outcome, planning on freezing 60-75% of it for FF hash and then rosin. I am unfortunately lacking a freeze dryer currently, so I am still working on the ideal solution there.

Anyone doing any sort of pre-wash like this at harvest with beneficial results? I would imagine a really dirty and dusty outdoor grow seeing some benefit, but not too sure if its worthwhile for an indoor tent/room grow.

1 Like

Yes I dip my plant in a solution of 5ml of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide per gallon then I hang to dry with a fan blowing on it for 24 hours. I have strains that Im able get up to 25% return on squishing my flower. With Bubble I’m lucky to get 10% return (washing the flower). I have been experimenting with Rosin since the early hair straightener days and chemistry has always intrigued me which is why I will further refine my rosin in a short path

2 Likes