Fresh Frozen Flower Uses After Bubble

Does anyone have any ideas about what to do with bud after it has been washed?

Washing flower definitely does not capture 100% of the trichomes available. I have tested dried, cured flower that has been washed and it still had a fairly high concentration of THC remaining.

My first thought would be to dry it out in an oven while decarbing. Then it can be extracted into an oil or butter for edibles.

3 Likes

Wash it again

Adjust your 1st wash parameters so your not leaving so much “goodies” behind.

This is why I do 30-40 min cryo etoh soak. I want everything i can get.

5 Likes

The same flower is typically washed 7 times. The yield of bubble hash begins to diminish and so does the quality. Gets to a point where the labor isn’t worth it.

I think even for an ethanol wash it would have to be dried and at that point it would only be viable for RSO or distillate :thinking:

3 Likes

You can use a screw press to wring out most of the water, then freeze dry and solvent extract.

Low grade hash, and washed material goes in the extractor to be made into distillate.

8 Likes

I like the idea of the screw press.

My concern with the freeze dryer is scale. A normal oven would be more feasible.

1 Like

100% agree, freeze dry would be for small scale. All rosin should be small scale in my opinion though. Minimize the bug dicks and all that.

8 Likes

I’ve seen you mention bug or spider dicks a few times lol, I’m assuming because insect parts will wash through the bag mesh with your trichs?

And if so, ewww haha

6 Likes

@ExTek90 I’ve been seeing dirtyarmfarm talk about this for weeks now. Yes certain bug parts are the same size as trichome heads. Definitely something to keep in mind lol.

4 Likes

Yeah. Unfortunately, check out DirtyArmFarm on IG it’s a good laugh.

@THChemist yeah the microscope pictures got me, lol.

4 Likes

So you dont get ant BUG DICKS when you blast it with what ever solvent your using? Yea right and I have a bridge o sell ya.

1 Like

no, you get extract of bug dicks…what that includes is presumably solvent dependent.

11 Likes

Nah, goes through smaller filters when it’s in solution vs. squishing it through 36 micron screens or whatever.

1 Like

So what’s the difference in the extract of a Dick vs The Actual Dick itself. I mean a Dick is still a Dick.

4 Likes

Nope as cyclopath said your still smoking the extract of said Dick

4 Likes

Yeah, absolutely, smoking bug extract is gross.

Not as much as smoking dicks and lipids imo.

(I promise I’m not a rosin hater :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

I’m not sure I understand the point of that video, but here’s one that comes to mind.

This was a hoax video from a few years back, before you conspiracy people go running off with it.

3 Likes

The point of the video is at 1;06 Dick dick dick dick. The simple solution here is to do a pre wash of your material so your not smoking BUG DICK or BUG SHIT

2 Likes

Bug parts are just gonna be there. That’s the nature of nature. Even all your household spices have acceptable limits for ppm of bug parts… not that any of it is whole parts, we’re mostly talking pieces of legs, leftover bits of exoskeletons, and yes, the occasional, but with good quality, rare full bug, usually in a mummified state, if you will. Bug dicks cracks me the fuck up though, all these 7 legged ants and shit :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Ah lipids I have been smoking lipids since the 60’s. which is why in my later years in life I’m looking to clean up my habit a bit. Most of my strains that I run I can get 15% return on my squishing. then I plan on doing a Ethanol Winterazition before I throw it in a short path to clean it up. Which is a true solvent-less extraction.

1 Like