Rosin based tintcure for sick friend

Hey there guys! So i’ve done a little bit of searching and either i’m not using the right terms or there isn’t a lot about this currently in the vein of flower rosin. So, broad strokes - a buddy of mine has been diagnosed with cancer and chemo is kicking his ass. I had to deal with this happening to family so I really don’t want to sit idle since I have about 3oz of rosin that is actually pretty potent (honey like consistency, C-B grade at best and dark) and is more a sauce than anything else that i’d like to turn into almost a tintcure type format for them. Dude’s having issues smoking so flower and vaping is a no go and as it goes with chemo your appetite just goes to shit so I feel this is probably the best route to help him. After seeing Ma` go through it not doing something will hurt my goddamn heart

Thanks y’all

It can be made into edibles just like if you were starting with buds, but instead of buds you have the essences of the buds, even better.

What it needs is decarboxylation, which you can read about many places. You can combine it with an oil either before or after. Go, get to it! No time to waste <3

3 Likes

It’s just as easy as any other tincture. You may want to give him 3 small batches of individual tincs where you dont decarb the rosin, decarb for 20 mins and decarb for 40 mins. Give him a small bottle of each one and have him get back to you to see which one is more effective for him and use the same amount of rosin per batch, like a gram per tincture in a 10 ml bottle. Each batch should have a different cananbinoid and terp profile so you’ll wanna experiment to see how long you should decarb for so they can get the most benefits out of it.

All you have to do to make it is get a 10 ml bottle or whatever you wanna use. Fill the bottle halfway with cononut mct oil. You may want to add lecithin to make it more bioavailable. measure out rosin, put in 1g for every 10 ml, and put the rosin in the bottle halfway filled with coconut oil. Then cap the jar, heat up the bottle in a double boil until its hot and shake the jar / bottle. its much easier if you will it halfway with oil when you put the rosin in to help it mix faster. Once its mixed through, add the rest of the coconut oil, (do NOT fill all the way leave a small bit to mix, it will be more concentrated as well) heat up some more, shake bottle until homogenized and voila.

1 Like

You got some options:

In my opinion;

You could decarb it and make capsules

You could decarb it and look into suppositories

You could decarb it and make edibles - magic butter machine works but tbh double boiling it into butter at a controlled temp is the best way to make infused butter-

You could make a tincture but it takes a lot more work especially if you’re working with vg or mct. Distilling an ethanol mixture down to a tincture works well; Alternatively you can use the magic butter machine to make tinctures with alcohol or vg.

Edit: an mbm might be your best home friendly bet.

2 Likes

You know as i’ve been looking into this it seems the jar that I would be preparing for him has been decarbed VERY well (very Bob Ross-esque happy accident - this bad boy was left on a heat mat for about a month at 120 as an experiment) - I’m going to essentially give it a ‘for sure’ bake and think that maybe providing him with the raw decarbed rosin will potentially be the best for him since you make an extremely good point with the capsules and suppositories, for me time is of the essence so dude can want to eat a candy bar or something at least. I know this fucker kicks like a mule but just isn’t the best tasting so he will be in good hands soon. He (or his fam depending on energy levels, he’s got people supporting him at least thankfully) can make some capsules and suppositories ASAP to give him instant relief then work on their own tincture after that’s been situated. I think as Mac from IASIP would say we have a strike plan to help us get out of said jam, haha.

Thank you guys so much. I don’t know homie very well but I have a healthy and very happy family that amazes me every morning - you gotta pay that shit forward as hard as you can or else do you REALLY appreciate what you have?

Like really guys, thank you so much. Y’all have huge hearts - even bigger for not ripping on me about the spelling. Although feel free to add ‘spelling bee champ’ to my title

But I guess now I can do the only fun part about this - testing it after dinner!

3 Likes

https://pharmacapsules.com/shop/empty-vegetarian-capsules-size-00/

I switched to those for my rso caps because you can sorta taste the bovine ones and it’s gross lol.

For insertion of the oil into the capsule here are ideas.

I use a bvv cart filling gun to fill caps one by one. Im sure there are multi fillers on the market. But if you get the bvv cart filling gun buy it off Amazon to avoid bvv’s shipping and area fees.

Suppository information and how to make.

We gotchu man. :v:t2:

3 Likes

Gray wolf lair has a good topic about decarbing tincture too. Like 150 for three days. I lost my mom to cancer and rso helped her get sleep at least? Many opinions. Positive mind helps even though it may be hard to find. Wish you luck as I just lost a good friend Saturday to cancer again.

2 Likes

The real question is…

TO BOOF OR NOT TO BOOF? Don’t wanna pass anything off I wouldn’t do myself!! Haha!

Because at this point, this shit is handled so fucking hard. I am so pumped I can help homie out like this!

So in your opinion would a disposable syringe be a good short term option too if they put the containing jar in a small bowl of lukewarm-ish water? I figure he’s going to get a like consistency as if you were trying to make carts. Just want to make sure he’s covered the second he’s able to snag this just in case there’s shipping snafus on that thing’s end.

Onceover, I very much appreciate the warm wishes. Honestly I do not know the dude very well at all, only really through pictures and such on instagram. I used to write graffiti pretty consistently before I became a family guy and know this dude smashes, is much younger than me and is just a nice dude that doesn’t play the bullshit posturing that’s rampant within it - plus wouldn’t you love to have a huge fucking godsend type deal when you needed it the most? I honestly don’t want a penny for it. People do shit now to get people to pat them on the back, fuck that. He’ll get his jar and I’ll go to sleep feeling good knowing that if I do this for a dude I don’t know (and not post post about it or tell anyone outside of this post of course) my kid will pick up on that and maybe not have to fuck up half as much as I did to be a good person. OH SHIT but I forgot the part me and my lil` one are gonna do to kinda make him smile - I think we’re each gonna try and give him a bunch of sketches with it, too from both of us - my girl will probably make something badass and crafty to go with it all too. Every bit helps!

Once again, thank you all so very much. It makes me feel good that people still care this much about strangers

I used disposable syringes and mom would put that shit on a cracker seemed to work well as she was not a stoner by no means. Cannabis can pave the road to death with rose petals.

1 Like