ReXing THCa in pentane

Per usual… you’re the man Dred

8 Likes

Thank you, sir. Just helping with what I’ve done myself

11 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Molding thca w heat or pressure into shapes

I just so happened to call you today for a similar piece of information. Lol

3 Likes

I was gonna ask, what if I added enough heat to melt it…

I’m just gonna try it for myself.i

7 Likes

Definitely sounds like a fun experiment and I’d be interested to see what comes of it.

I’ve metled washed diamonds before came.out crystals clear liquid

1 Like

Me to u have to be on low low heat

1 Like

Yeah flash it with heat to melt just the outer layer or keep it super low to try and get it to all melt together

2 Likes

So I’m sure no one wants to give out ratios of THCa to pentane, but my main question is, how much headspace should I leave in the jar? I’m just trying to be extra extra cautious I’ll be trying it this weekend, but just wanna know if this is something to be worried about especially when the jar pressurizes as I get close to pentane BP? Should I use two lids on a jar? Thanks!

You can fill the jar almost as much as you want.

6 Likes

Ok cool pressure won’t be a huge issue then

Thanks brotha!

1 Like

It doesn’t emit pressure like butane. A jar can handle it. Assuming you’re not filling it almost to the brim

8 Likes

Dude awesome. Exactly what I needed to know

5 Likes

Raise temp slowly and push down on the top of the jar and you can get an idea of how much pressure is inside. Remember if it’s warm 95° f + and you open it it could instaboil so don’t open it hot and if you don’t have a fume hood I would keep your experiments outside any time it’s open at the least.

7 Likes

boiling point of butane: ~0C
boiling point of pentane: ~ 36C

you’re running your butane jars ABOVE the boiling point.

don’t do the with your pentane, and you won’t get excessive pressure.

run your pentane jar at 50-60C, and you’ll absolutely have the same issues you would expect from butane in a jar.

24 Likes

Granted I am not proposing they go nearly that hot and definitely not open. But, yes that would be bad

5 Likes

Yeah was planning on keeping it just below BP then letting it cool over a few days by just lowering the oven temp every few hours

I take it out of the oven after I dissolve it down. Your temp and saturation will determine your growth rate/size

6 Likes

Ohhh ok so I can take it out of the higher heat but then I still need heat on it while the crystallization is happening right?

2 Likes