Molding thca w heat or pressure into shapes

What would happen if you subjected some stones to mechanical pressure?

Like if you stuffed diamonds into a hydraulic cylinder, vacuumed out the cylinder and then applied a couple thousand psi would it pretty much just melt into a solid block?

In theory would it force inclusions out of the lattice and make a solid clear cylinder or just do nothing at all. Just smash it?

3 Likes

@6:20 is when you can see pressed sugar crystals
@10:00 you can see pressed salt

I’d assume it’d end up like crushing other crystals, an opaque block that is super brittle.

1 Like

With the heat it’d essentially be the mechanical separation Tek no? Basically melting some isolate into a shape/mold.

I’m just curious what pressure would do other than extrude the melted isolate through the gaps in the press mold.

2 Likes

I been thinking of this can u take sugar thca and press it into a mold w heat and form any shapes …stars whatever

Bc right when it melts down it’s like shatter

1 Like

ime a shallow mold works the best so it doesn’t take forever for the isolate to melt completely, but basically any shape yeah.

I know I’ve seen small stars in terps on ig a while back but no idea who it was as that was at least 2 years ago.

1 Like

A small silicone mold, an oven, and a heat gun to pop the bubbles on the back and you can have all the shapes

2 Likes

Could you make a quartz crystal mold u snap in an inject , have a double sided crystal from a mold?

I did this with CBD once, I just melted it and then sprinkled in some isolate to get it to recrystallize in a silicon mold. It kinda worked.
ccf498a3aac04ae1402ea4ad6aa23ebbf603d2f9_2_375x500

8 Likes

Possibly, I’ve no experience with something like that but it sounds like it could work, can’t keep the isolate heated for long or it’ll decarb so workflow would be slow.

I’d just worry either you end up with unmelted isolate as you can’t see into the mold like with a gummy mold or you’d end up with an air bubble if you were to try and pour the melted isolate like it was a metal casting.

1 Like

That’s dope af it’s actually crystalline but you can have any shape

That’s what I’m talking about…wonder if thca can be shaped so easily

Remember @Dred_pirate’s thca bears?

5 Likes

Done the exact same way huh…let me find em

1 Like

It says thca gummy bears…if he’d only not added the gummy it would fall under the category

1 Like

I want to try to make a clear puck of isolate and then use it as a giant seed crystal and see how the crystals grow for novelty.

4 Likes

I’m so ready to take every solvent possible and grow thca in it for novelty of the shapes it makes

1 Like

It’s just thca isolate melted into a gummy bear mold same as the stars I was talking about, not an actual gummy.

2 Likes

220-250f (crystalline takes more heat to melt) until clear then pull off heat and use a heat gun to pop the little bubbles on the surface to make it smooth.
I’ll do it in a mold next time but this is from when I made solventless diamonds

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wax or crystal precipitation?

These guys are the best in the game that I have seen…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRFSo8rL8dT/

8 Likes