Ran into the Medusa at a new job, quickly was able to come up with a solid work around!

Currently about 120-130 lbs per working shift

1 Like

Lol I got lost replying to different topics.

Definitely appreciate the reply! Good on you, I bet they’re happy with you at that facility for figuring out a different appraoch.

1 Like

So now that @Dukejohnson posted what the contaminate is, what’s your work around?

I’ve been itching to hear it

5 Likes

Distill at higher temps to target your contamination, let pressure build a few times, burp into exhaust. Play with your temps, run trial and error and you’ll figure her out. I have to include a form of secondary high temp exhaust also :+1: sorry I’m not more specific. Got a few facility’s offering money for this SOP and would like to take advantage of that. I know I’m a terrible person. My current employer is also someone on here who was offering 10k. I don’t feel comfortable collecting from these people while posting the exact details on here. If you have a decent head on your shoulders you can take what I said and make it happen easily :pray::heart:

26 Likes

Good enough info for me! :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Haha thank you brotha really tried not being a dick here, but also had my first daughter two months ago and am in grind mode. Not fair to @johnbigoilco or any other facility offering me money for this work around to just publicly post it, kind of shooting myself in the foot.

16 Likes

Entirely fair for the community to ask for proof and to share your method, since it’s a common understanding that many members developed or got their methodology here.

1 Like

Between his comments and mine (on the other thread) you should be able to figure this out on your own.

4 Likes

@Cannachem
:roll_eyes: between what @DUKEJOHNSON AND OP posted most should be able to figure it out on their own, not sure what your sounding your own horn off for as you didn’t share anything, all I saw you saying was you can get it at wholefoods(not sure what) and that we all need to wait till end of July for you to figure out your data

3 Likes

Wow - simple enough. Love it, giving this a go on the next distillation we do. “Secondary form of high temp exhaust” raises a little question internally but may just be over thinking on that one

4 Likes

I mean the ACS literally has studies posted on what works for these contaminates.

Do your research.

That would
A) make sense
B) explain why murph hasn’t had a problem…

5 Likes

And without @Ahay5280 and @Dukejohnson we wouldn’t know what these target compunds were, which is why I said the credit belongs to them

9 Likes

I have jars to prove it, I just like being in the sideline observing and soaking in knowledge.
I first noticed this worked on march of this year. I was post processing like I normally do to separate my isolate and terps and I noticed that the diamonds that formed in my terp jars were normal and not rectangular in shape. Also they did not “Medusa” after being out of mother liquor. I actually enjoy re xing in pentane so I never really got into this discussion. I’m glad others have found the compound that’s causing the problem. Now just adjust old SOPs thy worked for years to new SOPs thy need a bit more refining.

9 Likes

:pray::heart: Keep crushing brudda

4 Likes

Nah it’s definitely the soapy water. I need to put in an order for soapy water. I’m not sure if I’m qualified to use soapy water though. I better check the MSDS, i haven’t handled the substance in years.

16 Likes

15 Likes

can you explain fractioning your oil please

You could ask @Swet254k for clarification and look @murphymurri’s Instagram.

They’re not doing quite the same thing, and I don’t have time to try explain two tek I don’t perform.

Murphy does chromatography and literally fractionates her pour(s).

Some exploration over here: Color remediation chromatography

6 Likes

Thank you, your info was very helpful in referencing her crc chroma,

2 Likes