Qwet?

I tried my first qwet using a normal deep freezer at - 20 and got a nice amber result. Is there any benefit to using dry ice/lower temp? Also if I get a Panda, are any mods needed to it? Do I need to chill it? If so, how?

Longer soaks at lower temperatures, with attendant higher yields, with less pick up polar molecules and those longer than targeted C-10 through C-22.

4 Likes

I usually take the entire top off of the panda, it makes it extra dangerous and messy but a hell of alot easier to get your bags in and out.

Edit: A @RockSteady spout is always nice addition as well

1 Like

I used a soldering iron (see my panda mod oost) and cut the lid and ring out. I left the outer 1" ring for stability of the upper unit.

1 Like

PS: To answer the rest of your question, an easy way to get ethanol below -50C is to drop dry ice in it.

5 Likes

@Graywolf

Cannabis Extract using dry ice - YouTube

:joy::joy::joy::joy: The rice cooker ending

@coppermouse you could totally use dry ice in the mixture. If it’s just for rso and not dabs soak it as long as you want. I usually go 30min soaks for rso 20 min soaks for eho. Just make sure you’re post processing and filtration methods are solid techniques and you’ll be fine.

Look into filter media. Those things do things :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does that change the PH of the ethanol? Does it matter if its 200 proof or 190 proof ethanol? Does it matter what its diluted to 190 with?

edit: Yes it does. pre chill the biomass before you do dunks as well as pre chilling the outside of the bucket the solvent is in.

1 Like
4 Likes

Yes it does. Mine was at 3.5ph when I tested my used etoh after rotovap

2 Likes

I’m done giving spoons on this thread. Please use the search bar next time.

2 Likes

Fair enough, will use the search

Would that be akin to ph washing? Like does that eliminate a step of ph washing or the ph adjustment would go away as the solvent evaporates and you would still have to ph adjust in post processing?

I never ph’d any step in my spd. I’ve seen no reason to with my sop I use. I still get light gold 92+% tcc every run.

3 Likes

hes probably letting his plants mature to long thinking ite gonna give more thc when in fact its only darkening them and having conversions.

I truly believe harvest time matters… I use to run plants live that was left way to long the extract would come out amber no matter what I did till C.R.C came.along

3 Likes

Do you ever get any d8 in your distillate? Or any other minors?

DAMNIT I know I said I wasn’t gonna drop any more spoons but…

3 Likes

I’ve heard the best sativa genetics can make a person fall asleep if the plants are harvested at the wrong time. I also heard of depression, insomnia and chronic pain sufferers letting the plant go past harvest date on purpose, so that they can supposedly get more sedative effects.

1 Like

I’ve tried to do exactly that, and the results were less than ideal. I didn’t really notice a difference to be entirely honest. However, I am also one of those people that has naturally high tolerances to what seems like everything… I was shooting for a more sedative affect by going over, and again I just didn’t notice too much more of a difference to bother going over on all harvests

2 Likes

I’ve posted 3 or 4 test results from my runs. I dont recall aly d8 on the lab results

1 Like