Questionable motives

I missed where he stated it was fresh frozen and if he did I stand corrected. A lot of places would be perfectly satisfied with 3.5 on fresh frozen

I agree, i was just throwing that out there.

There’s reason in all things. If the janitor had no access, say wasn’t at work that day, they’re safe, of coarse. If there’s 50k missing and nobody has a clue, I’m letting everybody go and starting over.

1 Like

Fair enough, its so very hard to find good workers these days and sucks when a bad one poisons the well for everyone. Situations like that also can make bosses paranoid and untrusting, which is also hard on good workers in my experiences

3 Likes

The point was really about those who you discover were aware of the theft and kept their mouths shut. Their moral code very obviously differs from mine, hence they will need to find a new source of gainful employment.

2 Likes

You aren’t messaging. You are doing some game where you kind of say it and kind of don’t. That would just seem shady to me.

1 Like

In some states whistle-blower have protection

In CA if you told your boss someone was stealing and they fired you too you could sue the fuck out of them

Whistle-blower are usually protected by law

4 Likes

Thats why I suggested the OP making the boss aware that the product is at specific location and to watch it. If i said that to you as your employer you then have the chance to see what I see without dropping a dime on anybody.

If the thief is told your not cool with product being taken, fuckers on his own & you did what you could to raise awareness with a clean conscience

Id call them out in front of the whole company.

1 Like

Your desire for a “clean conscious” which is based on your black market sense of what that means, is contrary to what a clean conscious would be in a non black market environment.

I’ll bet California’s whistleblower protections don’t protect you for the kind of whistleblowing you are talking about @Myrrdin .

2 Likes

What is shady about it exactly ?

As the boss would you prefer nobody come forward at all ?

I see why you would think its a game being played but as described by the OP, he is fearful that the thief will physically harm him and prevention of putting ones self in harms way should be put above the value of the product lost in my opinion.

Safe harbour is a thing

Come to me and tell me what’s going on. Do it fast and be clear. At some point, if you come to me after months of the activity and tell me, I will be pissed that it wasn’t sooner. You can’t blame me for killing the messenger if the messenger was watching it happen for months and then just hints around about it by telling me to watch cameras.

You have to come into harbor to be safe. That means spilling the beans.

3 Likes

Think what you want of me but im a straight player and with your philosophy your expecting alot from someone who was put in the middle of a shitty situation. Loyalty goes a long way

Please consider that most honest employees avoid drama and would have a hard time being punished for trying to stop a thief from stealing your profits

Are you a real doctor or do you just play one on TV ?

1 Like

Phd in stanky danky skunky funky. You probably don’t want me operating on you…

2 Likes

We also have no clue if the employer / investor is in on the whole situation

2 Likes

I think I would prefer it this way as well but it takes balls to do that. Trust that you wont hang me out to dry, confidence that you will take my word.

It is a sad fact that sometimes the person pointing the finger is the person doing wrong. Ive seen that a few times too lol

3 Likes

You are absolutely right that it is up to management to create an environment where you can have that kind of trust.

2 Likes

“If there’s poison in the water, there’s poison in the well”

6 Likes

ooph. that hits.

2 Likes

So there you have it @TerpsXr, you really should tell your boss straight up what you think is going on with this guy. At the end of the day It will save you a bunch of drama and your doin the rite thing by coming forward … hopefully the company values your honesty and thanks you for it

4 Likes