Questionable motives

By good people, you mean those who will beat around the bush about the thief, vs just say something for their fear of being called a rat? Don’t let the door hit you where the lord split you sir!

1 Like

You clearly dont know what a rat is.

If I get hit by a car and report it to the cops am I a rat ?

2 Likes

You cant fire an employee for suspected theft, you need proof

1 Like

A rat is someone who was in on it. Let that sink in

5 Likes

I don’t know the street qualifications for a rat. All I know is removing a name doesn’t really change what you’re doing.

Also fear of retaliation is a moot point. Good management should protect whistle-blowers identities and if they don’t then strap yourself up idk what to say. I carry and live life.

6 Likes

This isnt the black market, in legal settings you need to gather proof and there is only a few ways to do that.

In the Black market i would just take the guy out back and show him whats up but those days are over for me.

1 Like

No, they really are not. It’s just you in your head thinking that

4 Likes

Last thoughts. I protect myself because no one else will. Its just like safety. If you can’t prove it, it didn’t happen. Hearsay and their word against mine, isn’t good enough for me personally. I’m not being a liaison for HR or anyone else. I am protecting myself first and if the company has a problem with their word against mine. I simply pull out the audio and video and drop the fucking mic.

https://opensourcedworkplace.com/news/is-it-illegal-to-record-someone-at-work-without-their-knowledge-what-if-one-party-consents#:~:text=Even%20a%20police%20officer%20is,there%20is%20a%20court%20order.&text=California%2C%20Connecticut%2C%20Deleware%2C%20Florida,Hampshire%2C%20Pennsylvania%2C%20and%20Washington.

Make sure that’s legal

You could always just tell the guy your not cool with product being taken … i mean if your fearful that he’s going to hurt you for saying that then there are other problems

2 Likes

I can fire the whole fucking crew if shit is coming up missing and nobody wants to talk. People who tolerate thieves are as bad as the thief themselves in my opinion.

If we are not going to handle things black market style from the bosses perspective, the employees need to loose the “I’m not a rat” mentality, or go work for the local meth dealer where they can uphold their “code”.

16 Likes

I dunno man, I think going to the police about shit is more being a rat. The workplace is different. You don’t shit where you eat, and if someone is robbing the company and others are just idly watching, they are accomplices. I’m with Stanky. I’d fire the lot if I found out they knew and didn’t do anything. A thief and a liar are the worst kinds to have in your employment.

14 Likes

Definitely agree. Just gotta make sure the employer has your back. Seems like doctor stank would still fire you for letting him know what’s happening. I’d Document everything and let him know you want a severance package if he’s gonna just fire you anyway for informing of product going missing.

4 Likes

I live in Alabama. In court the transcripts of audio are all thats allowed. I can record anything anywhere and it is legal. Minus the ladies room and the changing room. I just identify as a woman for that.

3 Likes

I had a boss who used to take product and let us employees wonder where it went. Drive us nuts. he left the company after we proved he was stealing. Nobody ratted him out, he was just embarrassed and too proud to admit it.

Firing the whole crew for his actions would have been a mistake and I have zero regrets taking his position. Bad apples need to be removed

I feel sorry for your employees. Have some compassion man!

I have to ask… what kind of a boss knows so little or is not paying attention enough to think that 3.5% yield is normal? If I was experiencing that at a place I owned I would be so far up everyone’s ass that I would either find out what was going or whoever was doing it would stop in fear of getting caught and prosecuted.

yes, I said prosecuted. If I owned the place and caught an employee stealing my product/money I would prosecute. This f’n industry is tough enough with out that sort of BS

edit: all comments, remarks, and personal attacks are welcome

5 Likes

Compassion for the thief, or his willing accomplice? Both can GTFO.

And by the way, my employees love me. I’m the boss who has the bottomless jar of company supplied weed at work for them to roll joints out of. Must be rough having your boss tell you to stop working and go roll a joint about once an hour, huh?

7 Likes

Just a thought. A 3.5% yield isnt abnormal for some fresh frozen

1 Like

No, thats great and was not what I was saying…

I mean there isnt alot of value to the company in firing the janitor for something the extraction artist stole.