Questionable motives

Luckily for me I own my lab and got to live some of these scenarios in my past. Its often not fun to get to make these decisions.

I prefer whiskey… thats poison rite ?

3 Likes

I’d let management know about what’s being stolen and hope it’s settled with a fight. People who steal should have their teeth broken. Those who lie aren’t to far behind. What happened to honor?

5 Likes

Admittedly, having two employees I trust with my life makes this much easier for me. To the extent I would naturally assume I had made a mistake before I would assume theft on their part. That level of trust comes with the loyalty, dedication, honesty, and integrity that they have shown to possess over the years. They are a part of our family and have to be trustworthy.

5 Likes

Being the boss isn’t always fun, you have to do what’s right for your business. No emotions, just facts. It’s hard to put personal feelings aside, but facts being facts, I still sleep well at night knowing I follow logic and reason in my decision making.

4 Likes

I have 3 employees like this and without them I wouldnt be where I am today, I am fortunate to have them on my team & love em like family

5 Likes

I missed the part where the OP said that he is fearful that the thief will physically harm him

My bad. Your rite OP never said that, I was wrong, I guess It is drilled into my head that goes along with being a rat or telling the thief to knock it off

1 Like

for those that have a lab or a grow small time grabbing a few buds here and a gram or two of extract there seems almost benign and something that can drive an owner crazy if you dwell on it. After all it is just a little bit… what can it hurt. The problem with that train of thought is like having a bucket full of water with a small leak in it… or a couple of small leaks in it… or more that a few small leaks in it… sooner or later you will find that the bucket is empty due to all of those small leaks that seemed oh so benign.

In an industry with so many ups and downs… so many agencies with their paws dipping into the bucket… so narrow of margins… you have to keep the leaks plugged as it can make the difference between making it and not making it

4 Likes

i’ve brought up my manager stealing before and got thrown under the bus immediately and basically forced to quit. Took them another six months to figure it out giving him a chance to make off with a bunch more cash.
people don’t want to think they’re getting stolen from, and get offended when you try to stick your neck out and help them

1 Like

Maybe a good idea is to mention you think product is going missing and leave it at that

Let the bosses dig in deeper.

Long term solution is the company needs a better work environment where employees dont feel the need to steal and they are supplemented for their hard work.

My team has more extracts than they know what to do with and the samples are all legally given out and tracked through metrc. My team also asks for things that they need or want and im happy to provide anytime i legally can.

12 Likes

Fired a guy for taking something i would have given him 5x the amount of simply because he didn’t ask and if he’d take that amount or any he’ll/ has been doing it awhile. If you ran a check cashing place this wouldn’t even be a conversation, there messing with your money in a legal setting.

9 Likes

Thanks everyone for your feedback to further let you know more about my situation. He fired the tech that trained me and then I started to realize was stealing bc I kept in touch with the tech bc he trained me. It’s my boss that’s stealing and if I go to his boss I have a chance of loosing my job and the company being sold…

2 Likes

It’s technically my boss lol

1 Like

This is one of those moments you need to do the right thing no matter how unfortunate it might be for you. Sorry you’re in this position

6 Likes

We’ll shit anyone looking for a tech in the Michigan area Lmfao

2 Likes

He also might not know and love you and give you a promotion. You have no equity or anything in the company just a employee? Tough spot no matter what

1 Like

you cant delete on here. 3.5 yield and the big boss is happy? steal he rest then and let your lame supervisor explain why the 3.5 yield is bad now when it was ok before. More realistically= tell on him explain to the big boss youre yielding much more than reported. maybe hes in on it and backdooring it all

2 Likes

Im not anywhere near you but I would hire you, honesty is a good skill, unfortunately not always transferable lol

5 Likes

Make him dab the whole dish

7 Likes

So you’re saying your direct boss- maybe the lab director?- is the one who is stealing. What is your role within the company? DO you input data into metrc/ do you track product?

2 Likes