Psilocybin SOPs

Only question I have with your theory is the temp of a cows stomach for mycelium growth. According to a very scientific google search I performed a cows stomach has a temp of 102. The optimal temp for cubensis is 75. I realize that’s ‘optimal’ and Mother Nature is a weird bitch so anything is possible

3 Likes

Or one could just buy a bag of 4-benzyloxyindole, some Oxalyl chloride and a tank of dimethylamine and synthesize psilocin. Much faster, cleaner and higher yielding than those messy extractions.

1 Like

I was always told 85f for mycelium growth…I figured in his guts 100f wouldnt kill it

this was how my crazy imagination thought of it guys I never said I looked it up

wait guys look at this @Photon_noir

its from google you know its true lmao :green_heart::facepunch:

3 Likes

Spores are eaten by cows. Spores are resilient enough to survive until pooped to perfect patty. The circle of life!

5 Likes

I think the question now is mycelium growing in the cows stomach via the dark warm stage

gotta remember jar and Tupperware tech is how to do it w perfect conditions

and mycelium spores can definitely spread under the ground as mat seen it myself

4 Likes

Spores. Mycellia grows in perfect patty. Otherwise we’d see 'em year round :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered how a steak would taste if the cow it came from was fed on hemp. A while back i saw a news article about some pig farmer somewhere who would feed his pigs hemp leaves and seeds before slaughter. The prices he was getting for his animals was insane.

5 Likes

well.when the temp drops outside it’s to cold for.growth…hence why there not year round .

also of.course its spores

I see that the spores pass righf through?

2 Likes

I’ve heard $70 for a lb of hemp horse feed. Sounded like it was biomass somehow made into horse feed. This was in Bend, oregon in 2019.

2 Likes

This was your plan all along wasn’t it @Future
Cow patties and chocolates :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

I’m in Nevada but I’d surely move to Oregon, just finishing my degree in biochemistry in the next couple weeks.

5 Likes

Here is an article covering one of the problems associated with the recent Oregon ballot measure on psilocybin therapy:

Yes, @SpookyDistillation! I remember reading that response on the original “Ask Dr. Shulgin” web thingy. I believe it was originally coordinated and published by The Center for Cognitive Liberty & Ethics (CCLE) in the early turn of the century… maybe 2003? I have since read the original study, or at least the experimental results and data, and they are, indeed, rather “provocative”! I’ll see if I can find it…

Well, I cannot find the double plotted graph I was thinkkng about, but here is a copy of the original article to which Shulgin makes reference: Psylocybin/psilocin extraction the Czech way , Hive Tryptamine Chemistry

14 Likes

So the big concern is that they’re going to treat it like ketamine, making it expensive/inaccessible to the average person?

There’s an army of wooks here that’ll prevent that from happening

11 Likes

Technically, we already did that, but it doesn’t exactly prevent them from entering the arena. I agree that concessions should be made for therapeutic use, but the original legalization verbiage used in the measure was overall more constructive. People will grow it anyway, and doctors will still buy pharmaceutical grade chemicals for treatment… why not live and let them all live, you know?

8 Likes

My Shroom “SOP”
I call PTSD. Worke.work.work
Its ungodly the amt one can produce, in a small cubic space…

6 Likes

Some commercial cattle feed can contain fungicides, to keep those damn kids away. The bull will knock you down and kill you, and then there is an insurance claim.

And they grow on the dung on any grain fed animal, so you could farm a lot of different critters to get them.

2 Likes

Especially them sclerotia “philosopher stones” with Pan cyans or Psi mexicana tissue in an edible substrate! Magic concrete! Mmm-mmm!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Consulting is available…ungodly amounts…

51 Likes

I’m astonished at the time it took me to figure out my contamination issues…as a practicing Healthcare provider
NO MATER HOW YOU GET THE SPORES, THEY WANT BE CLEAN "Sterile "

9 Likes

I don’t think there’s a truly axenic culture out there for cubes, not unless someone has a crazy facility for isolations. That setup looks great, I’d never have the balls to do that in TX again though

What are you using to line the bottom of the monotubs? Doesn’t looks like trash bags

3 Likes