Psilocybin SOPs

pretty sure the cows sterile staged stomach acts as the dark sterile humid 2week grow mycelium stage…then he poops the nutrient rich paddy out the mycelium on the under side continues to push forward.
after it dries a lil and the sun comes up in it they will start poking through the poop.

I’ve never looked for em but I’m pretty certain that’s why it happens

10 Likes

An experiment with innoculating an MRE didn’t work. Been going since August. Thought i was going to do uncle bens two on Meals Ready to Eat main course pouch, but you really need rice. Took me opening 4 MREs, and beef and rice was as close as i could find. NOT ACTIVES, just oyster LC.

Didnt work, but fun nonetheless.

7 Likes

Fascinating hypothesis, Man! Because the sporocarps (and mycelial mats) are generally only found in at least somewhat aged patties, as well as a couple other reasons, I tend to believe it is spores in their GI tracts, rather than hyphae, but the temperature fluctuations may play a significant role in triggering their germination! I hadn’t considered that, so thank you!

14 Likes

Woah, @SpookyDistillation… that is disgusting and inspiringly weird all at once! :face_vomiting::exploding_head::star_struck:

16 Likes

I imagine you will have to be an ORELAP accredited lab like the rec testing labs.

3 Likes

I’ve never searched into this but it’s always been how I assumed it works. made sense to me at least

so u think their spores are already in the ground and he just poops a nutrient rich sterile paddy for the mycelium mat under the ground to grow into?(this seems more logical)

that’s probably definitely right mine was my stupid brain trying to make it work in my mind

6 Likes

But sometimes the most basic simple explanation is overlooked and it could be the right answer. Lets ask the cows!

11 Likes

why didnt I think this I’m cow whisper by night

5 Likes

I’m more of a cow tipper. but would gladly switch to being a cow tripper!

10 Likes

ur brave…thought this once we got almost to it only be chased out by the bull…bad idea I’ll never try again

get kicked in the throat lmao
:facepunch::green_heart:

6 Likes

I tried once as a kid, never got close to the cows before they ran off.

5 Likes

***redacted Former Wisconsinite: cows don’t tip, they are 1/2 ton autobalancing machines day and night ***/redacted

13 Likes

We’d get up early on sultry spring days, go down to the other side of the levi where the Mississippi River and the grain fed cows were unbridled, the cow patties would be in full bloom with the sacred meat, the door opening, mind bending key that would unlock our earthbound existence and show us that we (everything with DNA or) where all connected…Our fates, futures, and pasts existing in an instant and forever.

14 Likes

I think membranes could really help with this

Ill be running some experiments with a buddy of mine

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG0eC8bBit4/?igshid=1fmujsg4qnizx

4 Likes

You aren’t supposed to tell them!

5 Likes

I’m sure you’ve already seen this but just in case:

Dear Dr. Shulgin:

A friend of mine performed a Soxhlet extraction of 12 grams of powdered Psilocybe cubensis, using 95% ethanol. When the 60 mL of extract cooled to room temperature, many small transparent, colorless crystals had formed on the bottom of the container and did not redissolve on agitation. Do you know what these crystals are? – Journeyman

Dear Journeyman:
There is a fascinating report in the literature that gives a quantitative measurement of the efficiency of extraction of both psilocybin and psilocin from the mushroom Psilocybe bohemica. The citation to the article is Kysilka, R. and Wurst, M., Planta Med. Vol. 56 pp. 327-328 (1990). These Czechoslovakian scientists studied the efficiency of both methanol and ethanol as solvents, each containing varying amounts of water. The results were, to me, both unexpected and most provocative.

The isolation of psilocybin seemed to be quite reasonable. This alkaloid is reasonably soluble in boiling water from which it can be nicely crystallized. It is less soluble in boiling methanol, and almost insoluble in boiling ethanol. And the extraction efficiency is optimum with methanol and almost as good with ethanol. With both, the less water present, the better. The compound is, after all, a perfect example of a zwitterion, the internal salt of a phosphoric acid and an amine base.

But the numbers with psilocin are strange. With aqueous ethanol, the optimum extraction was with a 70% ethanol concentration, and the extraction efficiency dropped almost to zero when there was no water present. But methanol was extremely inefficient regardless of the amount of water present in it. These researchers were apparently surprised by these findings, as they explored further and uncovered other clues. Time is a factor. Psilocin is extracted at a much slower rate than is psilocybin because it is contained intracellularly in the plant, and thus slower to be gotten out. They conclude that many of the low psilocin assays of mushrooms are due to this difficulty of getting the alkaloid out of the plant and into the extracting solvent. Using this information they determined that the levels of psilocybin and psilocin are substantially the same in Psilocybe bohemica, in conflict with the published literature values where very small amounts of psilocin were observed.

Efficient extraction apparently requires patience.

As to the identity of the crystals that were drifting around in the cooled Soxhlet receiver, from their being insoluble in ethanol, and white, and transparent, I would guess that you are seeing pure psilocybin.

– Dr. Shulgin

OR

1 extract the mushrooms powder in 140 proof or 70 percent alcohol
2. Filter the liquid as fine as possible (0.2 um syringe filters are nice
3. evaporate to 1/10 of the volume,
4a remove undesired components with pet ether (twice)
4b acetone (twice) and
4c. 95 percent alcohol (cold)
5. then extract the remaining dark stuff in 95 percent ethanol (boiling),
6. separate the liquid from the dark granules (gravity, decanting)
7. cool the ethanol until white crystals form.

30 Likes

@StoneD yo whattup brotha!!

3 Likes

damn been while yo how you been bro, where you been

glad to see your back!

hope things have been good for you. been weird last 6 months-1yr for me

:green_heart::facepunch:

2 Likes

No way! It was not a stupid idea! It is reasonable enough (especially considering the toughness of mushroom flesh), and your sharing it helped me to add another facet to my own hypothesis! I appreciate it!

I actually mean that I believe the spores pass through the cows. The cows eat grass with spores on it, and their digestive systems break that grass down into an excellent substrate for the fungus to eat. Your idea lead me to reason that perhaps the spores passing through the cow gut is a thermal and enzymatic trigger (or pre-trigger) for their germination. E.g. Perhaps the body heat of the cow, then the subsequent cooling in the cow patty on the ground, is a factor telling the spores it is time to germinate! :blush:

15 Likes

:green_heart::facepunch: badass

4 Likes