Pryrex pan diamond tech?

Would it make sense to do a cold crash in the Pyrex ?

4 Likes

What are you saying about acetic acid?

47 Likes

@Griffin.Labs, BEAUTIFUL!!! Good work

3 Likes

Ok please share the parameters with everyone, I know you like to share :facepunch:

A good large diamond Pyrex Tek Is needed, they’re there. They just not as repeatable. Is this mild CRC or no? Another no lid?

12 Likes

Holy shit man

1 Like

Any SOP for your great work?

That was fire material with a little crc, you pretty much called it @StoneD not capped

4 Likes

what solvent blend so do you use?

100% butane for most crc stuff 70/30 witt a lot of the non crc.

1 Like

Removed

Removed

Anyone want to pick this convo back up? Is it the weak seal on the pyrex dishes that are the main issue or is there some other reason it wont crystallize like a mason jar?

Has anyone played around with different types of containers vs pyrex? and has anyone looked into the reactions with what those containers are made out fo vs the solvent used (is butane about to melt the rubber gaskets on the crystal clear rubbermaid containers?)

Trying to expand the size of my crystallization process without 400 mason jars flying around.

3 Likes

It certainly seems pressure is a factor. Not the only one though. This guy uses pyrex and makes pretty large stones.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8uHURMh_Du/?igshid=spn2e26d0a7x

7 Likes

I would love to reopen this conversation as well. I have seen a few different things get discussed.
Is the backfilled oven the concluded idea? or is it more of the vacuum and “film” idea mentioned by @Psilisophical.

I don’t use cold on mine at all, it’s not needed.

2 Likes

11 Likes

So what if all these instragram posts of “pyrex pan diamonds” of the larger variety are really just hot jar tek diamonds which are poured out into a pyrex pan for the photo?
Either way, if we get a workable open-source solution then that’s a win for the community.

2 Likes

This tech is not for small runs.( unless you have tiny pans) In order to get a slow enough crash you need more mother liquor to begin with. Ive done with as little as a qp of oil per pan(8" square dish) pour wet and place in oven 85-98°f. Have had full crash in little as a day longest took 6 days. Only do with proper ventilation as vapors will build in oven. Unfortunately lost all pics I’ve had from r&d, but will post as soon as i get back in lab and make some.

9 Likes

Edited.