Pryrex pan diamond tech?

I’ve got to ask, does ur Chambe manually seal w levers or do you pull some sort negative vac to hold the lid down…o Only asking bc you said chamber not oven

I was wondering that too, i have a 5 gallon vac chamber, thinking about putting a tow strap cranked down on it to hold the pressure in lol

7 Likes

What steps did you take from extraction to final product ??

1 Like

Do you know the ideal pressure to maintain once you back-fill the system with nitrogen? I’m not worried about my system not handling the pressure but more worried that too much pressure will stall out diamond growth.

1 Like

Never used it…

It’s not a must by no means

Been using Pyrex & Saran Wrap tek for my CBD for a couple months now…

No additional pressure, nitrogen, etc…
Just super saturated In pentane, Pyrex and Saran Wrap - crashes out by end of day

20 Likes

Only if you’d like things to go boom boom

1 Like

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I’m not sure how in depth you want my response to be, so let me know if there is any information you want me to go deeper on.

The material was some moldy but frosty cured nugs with some frosty trim. Grand Daddy Purple to be exact.
I froze my column for 24 hours. The column dimensions are 6" diameter and 24" height.
Roughly a 60 propane/ 40 butane ratio. Solvent tank chiller set at -20c (it only goes that low so I also chill my solvent tank with dry ice) I use dry ice jackets on my column when soaking, which I did for about 15 minutes. My system is a CLS with help from Haskel EXT420 pump.
I continued to recover until I had a little over a pound of solvent in the collection pot then I cut the run. You want a “wet” pour. Use pyrex dish obviously, and you want some depth, meaning that you don’t want it to be too thin. Switch to a smaller dish if you have a smaller run. Once you pour let some solvent evaporate (in a safe environment), then I pulled vacuum for just about 30-60 minutes. There should be a sort of “skin” on your extract. Then seal the dish in Saran Wrap and place onto heat (85f) for a few days. You will see nucleation points in a few hours. Just let it sit for a few more days and you should have a finished product. It is ok to burp the pan every day or other day or so. This worked for me, hope this information helps you or anyone else. Let me know if you need additional info. Pic provided is an example of using the pyrex/saran method.

36 Likes

looks great! Can you give an idea of how much solvent you left in the dish after letting it evaporate.before pulling a vac? Are u pulling a muffin if theres that much solvent left on it…

1 Like

Somewhere near a 1:1 ratio before putting into oven, but I don’t recommend doing this with large runs for safeties sake. I’ve seen some solvent pour out of my oven when I break vac and that’s something I’d rather avoid (I work in a well ventilated lab but still). I’d recommend letting excess solvent evaporate post extraction for a few minutes, then put under vac and watch closely. I use a Welch 1400, it pulls at .5 cfm. I watch the extract and open and close the vac valve to avoid too much activity in the extract (try to avoid a muffin). This might take anywhere from 20-60 minutes. Iv’e had best results when a “skin” forms on the surface and it moves but slowly when tilted. Then wrap and store on heat. If the run was potent and clean you should get a nice sugar crystal. This is the run from my OP.

7 Likes

Your bosses sound like cheap idiots

4 Likes

So I’ve been getting sugar crystals a lot with the stuff I purge on parchment paper. Is this common I’ve purging my oil on the thicker side and purging low temps 85-105. So far 3/4 of purges have turned to sugar crystals

You. Have. No. Idea.

And I can’t emphasize that enough

6 Likes

LOL, well you do have a nice chiller though…:rofl:

1 Like

Just seen this my bad my chamber has these three metal clamps that are super ideal for it.

1 Like

so to my understanding this is only really vac purged for an hour or less? how exactly is the solvent completely removed from your finished product? Is the heat all that is needed? i have a batch in the oven right now that i am trying this method with

Sorry for the late reply, hope your run went well. The vac time depends on how much solvent you left in your extract. I have only had to pull some vac for 20-25 minutes before, just keep a close eye on it and try not to let it muffin up. A skin should form over it, it might have slow moving bubbles. Might take a week or longer, but it’ll purge.

4 Likes

awesome, thanks man. Got a few pans that I’m messing with in the ovens right now. I think i am understanding what exactly it is that is making this honey crystal/sugar. Would you mind if I dm you a few questions about it?

Sure no problem.

1 Like

Ya but about the laser etched nucleation sites, when I was up in Or at Cascade making a purchase I spoke with Mary about the miner, she showed me the nucleation etching and specifically said that this was a prototype and that she’s not using the nucleation etching because while yes it does promote faster growth it also promoted oxidation. Just something I remembered about the conversation we had about it so I’m curious if she’s still producing them as such?