Problems with shatter on nug runs

Works with all material, it’s just a post processing procedure

9 Likes

Thank you!

Any extract can be made into rock hard shatter. Heating it will only make it sappier, you will not burn terps off( where will they vaporize out to if they’re in the oven). You can still take that sap and turn it into shatter

As for no crc. You can still remediate metals without removing the chlorophyll if that’s what the client wants. I would still run through a 0.22um filter to remove any dirt or bacteria

@CarmenSunDiego stop by on Monday by ChemTek if you got a chance and I’ll share some tek with you

17 Likes

Your a stand up guy bro. What an offer

2 Likes

That would be awesome. What time?

Thanks to everyone helping me out. This is the end result. Smells :fire:, so I’m really glad I didn’t try to burn terps off.
I really appreciate this community. :two_hearts:

18 Likes

From some reason it taste better after a jar cure before making badder, instead make sugar sauce

Your material must be extremely terpy and yes pouring extra thin helps but you have to vac the hell out of it at decent temp

When I have fresh extremely fresh material I wanna see the oil crash and seperate. Then the terps raise the thca and all the loud smell notes come out. It also gives it a stronger flavor and louder smell to make sauce vs badder crumble.

Next time just throw the oil in jar before doing anything to it place the cap on right and place it in the oven at 80-90f. After a week or so you’ll have sugar sauce if you blasted cold enough

2 Likes

I’ll be there from 9am-4pm

8 Likes

Dude 86.6°f for 7 days. First flip after 24 hours. Flip every 12 hrs after that. If you’re anal and have a good amount of vac oil for your pump you can go every 6 hours.

99.9°f for 4 days with the first flip after 24 hours and a flip every 12 hours after that if you want it quicker.

but slower purge times and lower heat purges better imo

2 Likes

Dropping this here :octopus:

3 Likes

I already read through that. thank you though.

1 Like

W that much terps in it try pouring the slab much thinner

2 Likes

I’ll definitely try that next time.

Thin for the win. Two days at -10hg and room temperature.

4 Likes

What you explained is correct.

The ‘thinner’ pour is allowing the concentration of organic/inorganic solvents surface area exposed to vacuum to be lower, allowing the slab to actually form without getting too runny. But its conditionally based off the terpene concentration in the end extract, and lack/presence of residual fats/waxes

If your material is too terpy or columns are too cold (typically a combination of both) you may end up with mother solution that has too low of a residual fat/wax concentration other than the cannabinoids and terpenes themselves.

As others stated, you typically want a warmer temperature to actually keep some of those plant fats/waxes.

If you run it too cold you will nearly ALWAYS run into too high of a terpene concentration to allow for formation of a stable ‘slab’.

A slab is really just the sapy resin/waxes forcing the cannabinoids and terps to remain trapped in an thick sapy oileoresin ‘slab’…

If ran too cold, the lack of residual resin waxes/fats, presence of terpenes and potential butane residuals (thick pour) will usually leave you with formatuon of a cannabinoid lattice structure otherwise known as ‘sugar’…

8 Likes

I usually would just run N butane, make sure the material is dried and end up w glass shatter…I run dry ice cold also …FF I would use jacket w the same concept. Some strains just have to high terpen content. But I still have been able to make live resin shatter, but who wants that when u can have original live resin. Poured thin though I usually charge don’t have any issue
…the more fats and wax left behind the more glass like it is ,it won’t even stick to a dabber

Post processing is the main key…to thick always kills it and sugars upon heat(when ran super cold)

But I hardly ever see anyone w glass shatter , everybody be sticking it in freezer calling it shatter then but the moment it’s room temp boom it’s bending

1 Like

No one makes glassy shit because you cough your lung out dabbing it… lmao

1 Like

im about to run oil= i do shatter. what should i attempt? its pure n tane, nobody has dry ice today other than the expensive grocery a half hour away. my customer didnt like fresh frozen. so im not concerned about that.

1 Like

I’d hold off on running without dry ice. I’m a perfectionist though

7 Likes

im blowing him off tho and he wants dabs now. i distilled but got drunk so stopped and didnt run yesterday. hes a good friend and best customer. whats a good texture to try other than diamonds and sauce or shatter.

1 Like