Post Ethanol Extraction Filtration

Looks good, but what actually is it?

more info please.
price
specs
size? pics? filter type? I could go on, there’s a lot missing here to expect to get a bite on this particular forum.

Multiple stages? Carbon cartridge for the color cleanup?

I saw he came across shadownaught… I think he realized we already have the hook on the magic dirt. :laughing:

1 Like

Looks great! Probably a dumb question but do the fittings/tubing go from 2" → 1" → 1" ?
Did you have the TC ferrules on the housings custom made or do they come like that. OR are they tc + male on the hose screwed into FNPT? Sorry for the late nit-picky detail questions…sorta

All the housings were ordered with 1.5"TC connections. The green incoming hose is 1" with a 1.5"TC swaged on. The red hose is 3/4", connected with a 3/4" hose to 1.5" TC adapter.

Thanks! I guess my eyes aren’t what they never weren’t. So ~20psi of pusher-air works well, eh? I’m excited to step up my filtration game thanks to folks like you!

Where do you get these bag filter setups?

ask the all knowing one?

dudadiesel is cheap.
rosedale does it best.

did you try Search results for 'bag filter' - Future4200

or bag filter - Google Search

don’t forget to stop by the spoon return

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: whahaha you are special :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Did you build these yourself or where can I get these filter housings to run R&D with?

Only because I know you used the search to find this thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I ordered them from Heyes Filters in southern CA. If you go a supplier local to you, you should be able to order most SS bag housings with tri-clamp fittings instead of the standard flanges or NPT connections. A mod to my suggestion above: you can run a 50um or 25um for the first stage, it won’t make much difference on your change interval. Second stage, use a 1um instead of a 5. Third stage, I actually get 1000+ gal with the 1um cartridge, feel free to drop that down to a 0.3 or 0.5um. East Coast Filters has had by far the best pricing, responsiveness in customer service, and reliability in order management for me so far for the bags and cartridges.

6 Likes

Awesome man. Search bar for the win

1 Like

Where did you find those tri-clamp sanitary filter bag housings? Been kind of a pain in the arse finding these. I just had 3 sent to me from PRM that seemed like shiny polished SS, but they were only polished on the outside. The salesperson said that lots of people were ordering these in our industry so I ignorantly listened. Turns out the FNPT’s aren’t sanitary and the rough insides aren’t anywhere near polished. I got quotes to send them off for electropolishing ($125/piece) which isn’t too bad but I’d rather have something designed and manufactured specifically for sanitary operations.

How bad is leaching from unpolished 304 SS into ethanol? Obviously I could push a batch through it and test my oil. Just figured I’d ask…

Just a thought we use this site a lot at Smithfield bacon plant

3 Likes

Those sambos are some badddddddd ass machines, I’d love to have one set up next to a tls miner by @shattergurljaqueline one day.

But sadly gotta work with what I can & I designed a easy pressure slow pressure releasing miner.

What kind of filter bags is everyone using in their housings? Standard felt work do you wanna go fancy?

unpolished ss does not ‘leach’ into ethanol, what gave you that crazy idea?

what would the polish do to stop leaching?

5 Likes

They are probably referring to free iron on the surface of ss from welding.
We use a process called passivization to remove the free iron and oxidation from the surface from the welding process.

8 Likes