Please humor me. How are decarbed diamonds that much different from distillate?

Live usually refers to the storage process prior to extraction thats used to preserve terpenes

I wouldn’t call diamonds or disty live, the HTE layer from a live resin extract i would

I mean technically unless it’s truly synthetic its all been alive at one point in time

10 Likes

I understand this. Some companies say 100% live when its decarbed diamonds. Some use distillate … neither seem to be much different, that’s what I was asking .

2 Likes

They probably just mean the terpenes haven’t seen heat so they’re not degraded

Doesn’t mean they’re good though

Look at raw gardens

3 Likes

Ok, real talk we have this conversation every several months. My stance stays the same.

“Live resin” is not high potency lmfaooo

Diamonds arent always live resin and live resin isnt always diamonds. Target your thread better if you wanna tell people what to do

17 Likes

@Hansel runs partially decarbed crc’d sugar into pens. He claims the terps are still💦 Looks fire too

5 Likes

terpenes have to see heat if extracted with hydrocarbon or it wouldn’t pass testing, unless your steam distilling fractions .

Steam stilled terps don’t taste like what people think of as live

Co2 terps distilled neither

2 Likes

bro how much more specific can I get “Title says it all. How is it that decarbed diamonds MAKE A VAST difference than distillate when it comes to carts? One is technicality live and the other isn’t? How is decarbed diamonds live?”

The takeaway, HOW IS DECARBED DIAMONDS LIVE? companies claim they are and I don’t see it that way. Looking for opinions. Hence the whole topic of the thread??? Feel like I need one of those spoon emojis now

Yes but its under pressure and with no oxygen present so they don’t degrade

You also don’t have to seperate out the solvent with heat, you can use membranes to do it too which is something im in the process of setting up for BHO

Itll make the best HTE layer

12 Likes

Hence

4 Likes

:point_up_2::muscle::male_detective::popcorn::triumph:

1 Like

In the process… arnt we all…

1 Like

Live is just a term - like loud or clear. It means different things in different instances. If its even .1% live they will call it live. If its AT ALL loud or clear they call it that

8 Likes

@drake truth

2 Likes

Hype sells carts. Companies will keep doing this marketing game of renaming products to make them sound fancy. Look at extractioneering, stiizy, raw gardens, pretty much everyone out there. Go look at their test results. If it was truly live resin there would be some thca left.

What if I told y’all I have a cart that will smoke pure thca coming soon? :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Live is thca and terps. Period.

It’s not called live terps. Or live diamonds.

It’s called live resin.

Don’t get me wrong tho, I’d take melted diamonds with those terps added for a nice cart.

3 Likes

Theres a certain taste to live resin though

1 Like

In a marketing and extraction prospective, i feel like SOME manufacturers label their pens/carts/pods etc. Live Resin because of the process taken to do said end product.

Dealing with clients who want “live” smokable end product. The process starts with that “Live” fresh frozen flower and can be the only product used to make the end product. That said, once material is processed and you have separated the HTE from the THCA, that THCA will be reXd or decarbed right away. Giving you that D9 that gets mixed back with its terps. End product: Live Resin Pens.

Ofcourse, you dint necessarily need to do all that. Just decarb whatever A and blend with desired terps…but thats when I feel the product isn’t really live…shit i don’t know. :man_shrugging:t2:

Decarbed diamonds will always have a decent percentage of thca left. They’re mixing hte and distillate and calling it live. There’s a big difference

2 Likes

Yessir. You could put a straight Diamond on it and it will smoke in seconds without ruining the taste.

3 Likes