Plant Growth Regulator Hormones?

I only use this for cloning. I’m sure it’s not systemic or is well out of the plant come chop time 18 weeks later.

Also, this is the main ingredient in 80% of the cloning solutions on the market.

1 Like

I have gotten so lay with cloning that the extras I leave in a glass of water- they all root. By then they need a whole reveg thing but cloning is easy.

1 Like

I think foliars are much more dangerous in general

Foliars prevent pests and disease. As long as you’re not using Bayer agrochemicals, you should be alright.

The only natural product (or “organic”, I despise people using that word) I warn against is Azomite. It has soluble salts of heavy metals and too much aluminum, which can cause toxicity and acts as a calcium sink in organics.

EDIT: You have to pay OMRI to use the term “organic” just like the Better Business Bureau. All organic means is that it contains hydrogen and carbon. There’s nothing magical about “organic” growing compared to salts. It’s all the same 16 elements and 5 biostimulant types absorbed by plants. That’s why I despise the term “organic”.

8 Likes

Preach

1 Like

There is an epic thread here full of information that should be pinned in the Botany and Cultivation. Check it out!

4 Likes

all insecticides herbicides fungicides has some degree of toxicity, I challenge you to find an exception to this rule! but this growth hormone thread, point being that shit spayed on your leaves/bud is more dangerous than shit spread on your roots. not that I am making a case to do either. the theory is that if you are over dosing your roots the plant will self regulate the levels in your vegetation/buds decreasing personal risk of toxic exposure

I don’t disagree with you. If you are combusting or chemically extracting plant matter to put into your body, it’s all about harm reduction.

1 Like

the way many people use the word “organic” means much more than that, but yes you are semantically correct

BMC lift, but i already said that.

Look at the dosage rates. I use 10mlnto nuke everything in one application.

2 Likes

How so? The organic fanbois think there is something magical about their style of growing. It’s just not the case. A plant doesn’t care where bioavailable nitrogen comes from.

In reality, it’s dirty and inefficient requiring bacteria/mycorrhizae/enzymes and peptides to work properly.

5 Likes

This is facts. lol, coming from an organic guy (one that’s not opposed to other growing methods when done right)

My next indoor rooms (going to be all material for processing) will probably be salts.

3 Likes

BMC lift? Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis? yes that is toxic, if you are so confident go ahead a take a swig!

1 Like

I’ve grown organic for years and do so in greenhouse and outdoors. I’m currently a salty cash cropper indoors for the yield.

I see the merits of both, but have no problem getting the same taste or smell with salts.

The dose makes the poison. You can overdose on water if you consume enough. Sounds like sensationalism to me.

6 Likes

This is exactly what my plan is!

organic meaning things grown not mined or synthesized, “from or characteristic of organized living beings”

Go ahead and eat a handful of Azomite and tell me how you feel!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t eat a handful of any of the organic amendments I put in my soil lol.

Maybe the alfalfa meal and straw, if I was a horse

2 Likes

but the byproducts of what you eat…compost

1 Like

I eat the minerals that go into AGT-50 every day. I would eat magnesium sulfate if I was constipated. My mom takes a calcium and magnesium supplement (albeit a different mineral form).

More reasons why there is little difference between natural and synthetic growing when it comes to plants.

5 Likes