Pink/purple delta 8

Is it normal to get pink/purple distillate. Reaction looked fine was Amber when finished. 20g cbd to 40ml dcm. 1.2g ptsa. 36-40hrs at room temp once it was finished the reaction was Amber but as soon as I added the sodium bicarb solution and stirred it went pink/purple is that normal. I’ve finished l the washes etc and it’s still the same. Cheers

2 Likes

Did you PH balance everything along the way? I assume no.

1 Like

Yes, bicarb wash to ph9, distilled wash x2, bicarb wash ph9, brine wash then 2 distilled washes

Pink/purple translucent screams pH imbalance to me. I’ll let a more seasoned vet take it from here.

2 Likes

Credit for screenshot incase don’t click link goes to @Photon_noir

2 Likes

Cheers mate, started off pink/purple but more peach now

2 Likes

LMAO, @YouHighBro !:rofl: Thanks, Man! :facepunch:

1 Like

Please understand, @sbc1 , the alkaline Beam test is a qualitatively accurate colorimetric test for the presence of CBD, but ONLY…
A. Within the first 30-60 seconds of mixing the sample & reagent, and
B. Down to about 1 or 2% CBD.

Also, is that even what you’re asking about?

If not, I fear you need to see a different post I just happened to make.

I believe i fixed my isomerization issues. Thanks to all that helped me. You are all very kind. Found my issue wasnt my LLE to neutralize… rather the rose hue was from not refluxing long enough at 100c.

5 Likes

I knew you’d crush it, bro! Awesome work!!

3 Likes

Isn’t the pink/purple some byproduct of oxidation - THC quinoids and nothing to do with pH? I see all over the forum and reddit pink/purple is pH problem.

Sweet jars lol and good job :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

a ring at the top near the lid would be oxidation … i’ve also heard if you have vac leaks in your distilling it can cause it all to oxidize. but with no vac leaks i was getting rosey. thought it was pH so i tweaked my LLE sop… still slightly rosey. then i tuned the acid down from 15% to 5% and refluxed at 105c for 2 hours. which is about an hour longer than previous. then began to distill slowly and i cut my heads off around 150c and switched flasks when the oil was clear and coiled very slowly.

1 Like

Ive had mine oxidize like this because my jars werent inert

@ky_cbd these little babies are perfect. they can hold like 5g’s which is perfect sample size to send off for analysis.

@SubstituteCreature looks like i crushed it… but im gonna let @kcalabs tell me if i did or not haha

5 Likes

I have faith in the end result - keep us informed!

2 Likes

@c0dean have them analyze for p-thalate, dioxins, cresol olivitol etc along with potencies.

1 Like

p-thalate… plastics?

1 Like

Yeah, KCA has contaminant testing for converted products to see if there are any unwanted byproducts in there.

4 Likes

Yes i believe i read that on my coa. Lemme see of i can find it.

3 Likes