Perforated Basket Centrifuge

Does anyone have experience using one of these?

http://www.discountcentrifuges.com/perforated-basket-centrfiuge-10kg.html

Getting pretty damn tired of using a Panda.

2 Likes

not rated.
I think they hold about 5lb.

I’ve asked the same question in the Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek - #120 by cyclopath thread quite some time ago. no response.

considered one as a test sled.
I’ve got a bag that “the cannabis guys don’t like” that I believe fits that machine.

no other data.

1 Like

I don t knie them but looking at the pic i think they have a rimmed opening making Bags gooing in and out a pain so watch for that

I just called the company and it turns out they are rated for ethanol. The basket size on the 25kg model (17.7") and G’s (910) look just about right. I’m having trouble pulling the trigger on such a big expense without knowing it’s going to work like a charm…

1 Like

the 25kg model in reality fits 15-20lb saturated material.

pull the trigger. you will love this buy.

I have a similar model and absolutely wish I got one earlier.

2 Likes

Etoh extractor?

1 Like

Make sure it’s floodable

1 Like

What do you mean? I would use this centrifuge to spin bubble bags of hemp to get the ethanol out, rather then using it as an extraction vessel itself.

What are you using to extract?

Large brew kettles. 30lbs/run. Need a centrifuge to spin off the bags. I fricken hate using a Panda.

2 Likes

Holy shit 30lb runs in a panda hahahahah I thought I was being rediculous with 3 pandas to keep up with my 10" columns haha

I’m also looking for a centrifuge that can hold 10-20lbs of saturated material, the pandas are already getting to be annoying, they break way too easy. It’s that damn plastic spout

2 Likes

Yeah, that spout sucks. I think I’m going to do a little experiment over the weekend and try to affix some sheet metal over the drain port and make an actual 1/2" spout from galvanized steel. I’ll post a pic if it works out…

2 Likes

How much will this one hold in terms of dry material? It says it’s floodable

@Rowan
Usalabs has this same exact “fuge”. I seen it 2 days ago when I was there.

Give them a call.

Once out of the box i place 5 layers of fiberglas on the sprout makes iT a lot stronger

1 Like

Hey, we are Chinese manufacturer for hemp extraction centrifuge, if you are interested, welcome to contact me for more details!
Anna
Wechat/Whatsapp: +86-19951199979
Email: sale@peonyfns.com

Probably half that what’s the g force?

about 30lb, up to 50lb if you hammer mill it

Can you really fit 30lbs in a 40L basket?

Nope. The “50kg” fuge @Rowan linked has a 78l basket.

2 Likes