Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek

Bumping this up to the top. What bags are you guys using for your pandas? I bought a few 100 and 600 micron 7x16 and 7x32 dudadiesel filter socks. it sounds like I’ll want to run 2 of them one inside the other for fine grind material?

1 Like

Since the panda was getting clogged with larger micron bags, would a 10 micron or even a 1iu be better and not allow finer particles to make it way into the panda?

I found a smaller bag on ebay. Pretty cheap also.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/1x-Filter-Bag-11-x-16-5-10-Micron-Felt-Polypropylene-Quality-Made-in-USA/172945736200?epid=7007991938&hash=item28445e8208%3Ag%3AKGEAAOSwDFBZ7-1K&_nkw=10+micron+filter+bag&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR4.TRC0.A0.H0.X10+micron+filter.TRS0

From what I’ve read in this thread the best method seems to be a 100-200 micron inside a 20-25 micron. I’ve also read that you might want to run 2 smaller diameter bags side by side s ok that that can me easier to get in and out. Unless you’ve chopped the top off your panda. I have yet to attempt a first run, I was hoping to get a better sop for the panda before attempting it.

4 Likes

25 micron bags are only necessary if you are running kief. I’m using 160-220 micron for trim/nug that’s been grinded to coarse mill. It’s definitely dependant on what mill size you are running.

3 Likes

Hey Just fyi, Acetone is a ketone and ketones are notorious for being incompatible with certain polymers. You can look at different types of tubing on McMaster and get a good idea about compatibility.

1 Like

anyone tried one of these

check this 1925 BOCK ad.

6 Likes

Is pvc and pure silicone a no no with ethanol? I had a booboo which required a ghetto fix.

3 Likes

Yes. I used one for a short while. Worked wonderfully, spun my bags super dry! Well worth the price.

3 Likes

PVC has a “C” rating with Ethanol and gets brittle when really cold. Could be problematic. Silicone has a comparability rating of “B” with Ethanol

PVC chemical compatibility chart

Silicone Chemical Compatibility Chart

4 Likes

Why did you only use it for a short time? It sounds like you stopped using it. Or have you only had it for a short while and are still using it?

It belonged to a former business partner who wanted it back.

Got it. Thanks.

So i found out that the bags delta use are at 80 micron, incase anybody wanted to know what size they decided on.

1 Like

I use cotton. Pilowcase made with a heavy weave we call damast here in europe and a tyrip to close them
Once done cut the tyrip shake bag cleane and use again
And When all done i put a industrial filtersock in the panda of 1 micron held in place by a tube with holes in em
And filter all My fluïd with the panda
Pumping the fluid in with a submersible aquarium pomp

3 Likes

There was no need to vandalize washing machine. With original controller attached user could actually go into the service mode and then you could select any
desirable function.
You can even change the speed of the motor from the main control board.

5 Likes

That would seem to depend on the starting point. All of the washing machines I’ve torn into have had mechanical/analog “timer” switching that selected given functionalities. Have not run into a single one with digital logic control.

Which machine(s) are you referring to, and can you provide links to documentation to allow others to avoid unnecessarily vandalizing their brand new washers?

This particular machine on the video comes with digital display or no display or no display. But on the technician manual tells you the combination how you can get into the diagnostic mode.
LG machines are the best For modification because they have rpm sensor so you can actually dial up exact speed as you want it. Plus their tubs are stainless steel and heater built in

Now let’s say you have a machine and you need a controller. You can use any controller from any machine. All you will have to do to bypass door switch, pressure sensor and may be temperature sensor. all it takes for the board is electricity. And then look at the connector for the motor. That’s all you will need. Power in. Power out to motor
Some of the washing machine just now have simple option drain and spin. I think that’s what you want because pump to be activated at the same time

1 Like

or with the analog version, just remove the wire powering the motor to the “timer”. then you can set it wherever you want and it will stay there.

And then all user has to do just pull on or off the knob

1 Like

Thank you kali4nian!!! Finally someone with some electrical/electronics backround willing to share, much love brother!

2 Likes