Panakeia CBG GMO?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

attack. clearly another word we disagree on.

that does happen around here, and it would be lovely if that stopped.

your “original comment” included

which @ernesto says is not true.

it could also be that @Ernesto is wrong, is lying, or is hiding behind the distinction of Genetically Edited Crop.

or it could be that you’re not as well informed as you’re making out.

dunno. happy to let the community make up their own minds on all that.

3 Likes

you know they makes racks for those things right?

2 Likes

Update: I was just informed that Panakeia was not edited using CRISPR but natural breeding techniques.

2 Likes

nope, and neither do you.
I get my eppies & falcons bagged.
because it reduces waste.

lighten up! nobody is attacking you.

were you trying to be funny posting a picture of eppendorf tubes as proof of equipment?

so how is posting the “equipment” that one would usually apply to said tubes is personal attack?

2 Likes

What you should do is PROVE YOUR POINT. Lets see you do plant assay test in your lab with no equipment and just a bag of tubes… When you do that, the rest of us will start to care about what you say.

thank you!

I would expect folks who were actually going to the trouble of making such modifications would be proud of their work. the fact that there was nothing even hinting at “we made this!” made it seem unlikely that it was genetically modified.

I certainly expect many crop breeders to obsfuctate the lab bench origins of their latest and greatest. even though it’s been 25 years since calgene bought us the vision of staying young and firm forever.

2 Likes

With me or at me is irrelevant.

Laughing is a much better response than taking your bag of seeds and going home.

We lovingly refer to a condition called Ass Burgers at my house.

1 Like

Thanks @jval13. So, no gene editing whatsoever? I guess it’s all just hear say. Im not the only one that’s heard this rumor tho. What about the terpenes, did they breed those out for a particular reason? Or is that just hogwash.

@cyclopath
What the hell happened here? I was gone for a day to come back and see a one sided conversation with @5StarBotanicalsDavid just posting emojis. I’m guessing he edited all his comments out, but what’s the point of that? A disagreement is a disagreement, let it be seen.

I thought it was weird that there was no info claiming their ground breaking work. But not everyone wants you to know their product is gmo. That’s why we don’t require gmo labeling here in the US. I thought maybe they were trying to slip under the radar. But I was also excited to see the first gmo cannabis plant to hit the market. I guess I’ll have to wait and see what someone else cooks up.

2 Likes

Decent question.

I blame the Trump imposed tariffs holding my new toy up at the Canadian border while we scramble to get it out of hock.

Other proposed precipitators include poor raising, bad genetics, or a phytocannabinoid insufficiency :rofl:

Edit: I think the real issue was the horse shit I was reading right before responding to @5StarBotanicalsDavid.

having made my first transgenic more than 30years ago, the folks who are trying to pretend that CRSPR doesn’t create genetically modified organisms because those are bad, really piss me off.

I came in hot and @5StarBotanicalsDavid tried the rolled up newspaper a number of times. Before giving up an lol’ing on the floor. :shushing_face:

If you’re terminally curious, all edits around are kept in perpetuity…

3 Likes

It never hit the market, but the first published report I’ve seen is listed over on How do you feel about GMO Cannabis? - #12 by cyclopath

1 Like

Man, I had forgotten about that thread. In hind sight, this topic woulda fit right in there. I just reread the whole thing and there’s lots of good information over there and I’m very interested to hear what @5StarBotanicalsDavid has been working on if he’s willing to share.

I agree that arguing about the semantics of gene editing, genetic engineering, gmo’s etc., is all garbage. Just call it what it is and move onto the more interesting aspects. Like what are we capable of now? Can we tinker at home and with what tools? What protocols should be taken if so? What are the unintended consequences? What are realistic modifications that we could see in the near future? And if anyone has answers to these questions or even speculations, let’s get the conversation rolling. I definitely recommend moving it over to How do you feel about GMO Cannabis? - #19 by cyclopath

Since @Ernesto and @jval13 say Panakeia isn’t GMO we can leave it at that. But there’s always reason to doubt unless proven otherwise. It is possible that they’re amongst those that believe editing genes isn’t GMO, so :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

I took an attempt on multiple post to start sharing information we have gathered during our testing. I instantly got attacked to the point that I had admins remove my original post. If you would like to connect, feel free to DM me for my email or stop by our facility, its is an open door. You can visit and see what we do in person anytime.

1 Like

just because I can never leave a dead horse unstoned…

@5StarBotanicalsDavid sorry you feel that way.
legitimately sorry for triggering that response in you.

firmly deny any intent to attack you.

I get that my phrasing incensed you. what I read directly before reading your post had me incensed. two min later and I’m reasonably sure we’d be in a different place.

I was trying to be helpful when I asked on the thread you had deleted, if you could explain what was going on, rather than just saying “see, proof!”.

Same reason I ask folks posting in the classifieds where they are located.

Because the extra information helps get their message across.

Folks read things wrong all the time. we’re not actually evolved to read. Almost 10% of us qualify as dyslexic. I don’t. But that doesn’t mean I always process what I read correctly. I’d wager none of us do so 100% of the time.

I apologize for the phrase “what on earth are you talking about”, I am willing to agree it sounds inflammatory today. It didn’t seem at all so yesterday when trying to interpret your responses. it’s 2020 maybe that’s hindsight.

if you’re not already aware of it, there is an Ignore feature around here, so you can have a future free of @cyclopaths if you’d like.

2 Likes

So far I have tested at least 4 different varieties cbg, I guess different than the one here. As I wrote earlier in this thread, this all look like classic breeding job to me. One variety were clearly similar to classic industrial fiber type hemp, and where regular seeds. I wonder why someone would gene-edit such uninteresting plant… but I understand of hunting for the cbg phenos in such existing varieties is interesting instead.

There are few papers dealing with them, it us known for decades I think.

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and still getting used to the rules. However I didn’t want to open another thread for same discussion. So far I have had experience growing CBD strains for oil.
Have anyone else other than @Hoku actually grew Panakeia CBG?
Can’t find any information in regards to taste and basically need to know if it is good for flower (smoking) or it is purely for industrial processing? Any updates on that?
I have terpenes profile from breeder but not sure if it is adequate reference for ensuring it is good for smoking. Does anyone know a bit more about the strain. It seems very promising and 0% THC saves a lot of headaches…

thanks

It is not ideal for smoking if you are looking for entourage effect from terpene profile.
You would be happier growing Pure CBG from Switzerland or one of the CBG varieties from Oregon CBD