Panakeia CBG GMO?

Strange pollen escapes from a military lab. Weed starts making people feel conservative and nostalgic for more ignorant times.

7 Likes

Agreed.
It would take a lot of resources to accomplish that.

I believe FRB’s intention is to offer some level of exclusivity to its customers in hopes that it will separate their crop from other biomass on the market. FRB can only be successful if their customers are successful.

Ernesto from Hemp Trading here, it is not GMO.

1 Like

Welcome @Ernesto! Thanks for posting. Are you able to send me a small amount of this seed?

Hi, i am sorry i am not in charge of any sales or deliveries to USA, Better contact Tesoro Seeds or Front Range Biosciencies

Yeah they won’t help me I’m too small. Thanks anyhew, enjoy yourself here it’s a great place!

YES YES YES! This is EXACTLY how it was done. Using gene editing software you are able to splice genetic sequences to your preference. Some people within the cannabis space are calling this “gene editing” as a blanket cover over it being “GMO”.

This is technology we use in house at our facility, however… during ALL of our test on multiple varieties of CBG, we have found that the plants immune system is non existent. This is due to the plants overall synthase being turned off rather than editing correctly to only turn THCA synthase off.

2 Likes

So if its not GMO, you are saying this was bred normally over generations?

If its bred normally over generations, all it will take is someone sending a plant sample phylos or any other DNA company to 100% void all of your patents.

Interesting thanks for sharing

How is gene editing not gmo?

2 Likes

I guess I coulda just googled it. So, genome-edited crops (GEC)s using CRISPR are different because they’re not introducing new genes, just altering the genes the plant already has. I’m not very familiar with any of this, but I imagine there could be unintended consequences. @ernesto did editing unintentionally cause Panakeia to have zero terpenes or was that a goal and is so why?

An organism that has had any of its genes edited, is by definition a genetically modified organism.

Anyone that tells you different is talking horse shit…

Yes, a new term was coined, because the outstandingly informed public is so scared of “gmo” that some marketing dweb came up with another name for “we only edited”, but that doesn’t change the fact that the organism in question has had its genome modified.

Edit: here is an example of said horse shit. Mississippi Soybean

This process can be used to insert a new section of DNA, or to replace an existing section of DNA with an altered version to effect a point mutation within a gene. In effect, gene editing can direct and effect a mutation at a specific site in an organism’s genome. No outside DNA is introduced into the organism’s DNA in this process.

Wait; we can insert new DNA, without introducing outside DNA? Complete and utter (marketing) Nonsense!!!

7 Likes

What on earth are you talking about?

One doesn’t use “gene editing software” to perform genomic edits. To plan them, or order up the required oligo-nuecleotides, sure, but the edits themselves are not software driven.

How are you defining “the plants immune system”?!?

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that might prove you have microfuge tubes.

How does it prove equipment without an explanation of what is in them?

Much like the clarification on “gene splicing software”, asking you how you are defining “the plant’s immune system" is not “ripping apart verbiage”.

We are dealing with an imprecise language and an audience with knowledge levels all over the map. Clarity in terminology helps.

How about you tell us what’s going on in the tubes.

over here where you showed them first makes sense: https://future4200.com/t/cbd-seed-giveaway/76295

And maybe a little more about this one synthase to rule them all?

not because I’m trying to be a dick, but because I want to understand what you’re saying (bonus points if others can follow along…).

which part is more challenging?

perhaps my bias is that I’ve got an expired patent on how to get genes in

3 Likes

how much has to be added in an edit to qualify a CRSPee as “transgenic”?

2 Likes

how can I google your understanding of “plant’s immune system” or “overall synthase”

there is a lot more to this picture than terpenoids

Plant immunity: unravelling the complexity of plant responses to biotic stresses - PMC

3 Likes

why post microfuge tubes (twice) to “prove you have equipment”?

tell us what you’re up to. or don’t. I’m not the one looked to be verified by this community.

3 Likes