Palcohol (Powdered Alcohol)

So the label for powdered alcohol (or “palcohol”) got pulled. That doesn’t you can’t make your own.

It’s trapping hydrophobic substances like alcohol in a hydrophilic substance like cyclodextrin. Add 90 grams 195 Proof ethanol to 100 grams of tapioca maltodextrin. Roughly 50 grams ends up being a shot.

This sounds novel and fun. Just don’t snort it.

8 Likes

22 Likes

Have you ever tasted clydodextrin?
Tastes so bad lol

3 Likes

That’s what made Mac n Cheese come about

3 Likes

You can put a snifter over a tea light and vape alcohol. Shit is like a hit of alcohol crack. Fucking A.

1 Like

I saw something using vapor pressure to inhale alcohol fumes. If you reek like a distillery from simply swallowing alcohol, imaging how bad it would smell if you inhaled it.

1 Like

I never considered the idea of getting drunk on alcohol vapors until I discovered it could happen while making rso many years ago :rofl:

5 Likes

Powdered alcohol sounds pretty unappetizing… do you add it to water or something? lol

Mist I can get behind

Looks like someone already beat @qma to the punch… if only he were more creative.

1 Like

i have one of these and its great for boofing dmt vapors

1 Like

As a craft distiller I’ve inadvertently (or sometimes definitely on purpose) huffed a ton of liquor fumes.

It’s fun, but also using your mucus membranes and delicate lung passageways, effectively as a condenser… Isn’t good for their longevity.

Imbibe sparingly lol

4 Likes

What do I have to do with misting technology?

It does look pretty cool. You could make the same effect as that equipment with stainless steel mist nozzles and a foot pedal to pressurize the alcohol reservoir

1 Like

I don’t drink, so I noticed the effects pretty quick. Not something I’d recommend, but it definitely works, and I noticed a lack of hangover.

3 Likes

I tried water soluble formulated with maltodextrose ‘infra-mucosally’. Lmao.

Wouldn’t do it again.

3 Likes

In college people were vaping alcohol. I was a total idiot back then and still that voice in the back of my head told me “no”.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you @raghanded !

I think the self regulating safety mechanism of limiting shot size to metabolic rate (first balloon leaves system by the time the fifth balloon is consumed in ~20 minutes) is the same hook as the N²O enthusiasts.

Only way to PM you is to report you, but thank you! I’m going to see if anyone has put effort into finding Commercial Off-The-Shelf components, but this deserves a L3/lounge thread.

Edit: I wanted to share my theory of what sort of device this is, as I’m sure it’s something cheap that’s been rebranded. My searches started here:

" Therapeutic aerosols are generated by compressed air, pneumatic jet nebulizers, ultrasonic nebulizers, pressurized metered-dose inhalers, and dry powder inhalers . Some of the drug preparations used in these devices are formulated to work with specific devices."

1 Like

Edit:
Somebody already posted this link

I believe this device is a newer soft-mist nebulizer that uses a 50psi air compressor to draw air from a continuous operating nebulizer chamber. It’s output is pushed into a balloon.

They mentioned upgraded models on the vap[s**t site, I’m assuming the tubing and connectors were upgraded from silicone to BPT to handle ethanol longer.

Can anyone else guess? I’m assuming its a modified device for pulminary edema (sp?). Have spent more time than I should have.

My inhaler has r-134a with ethanol in it as the propellant.

3 Likes

In Peru, they use coca for altitude sickness. If you are showing signs of lack of oxygen in the highlands, they give you a cotton ball soaked with alcohol that will clear up and help you breathe almost immediately.

1 Like