Outdoor 2021

I did a thread for my outdoor grow last season so figured I would do another one. Here is what I’m running as far as seeds go and I will update this thread as things progress.

Will also be running some clones. Will add as I figure out what clones exactly but so far we have: blueberry muffin and some chem crosses

Got all my amendments ordered today and will get other soil components locally this next week. Also got a couple gallons of @AgTonik ordered today. Stoked to run it a full season and see how it does (ran ferti fulvic last year and full power in the last)

Also, something I’m doing differently this year is I’m only going to be growing indoors while the plants are still in solo cups. When they are ready to transplant into 3 gallons they will be going into a new hoop house with string lights and will be in there from the time they go into 3 gallons until they are ready to go into holes the first week of June. I will be using solar powered string lights in the hoop house to keep things from flowering (property is off grid and I don’t wanna run a generator all spring lol)

What are you guys rocking this summer? Please share! I love seeing other people’s set ups etc.

Stoked spring is coming. Here we gooooo.

26 Likes

I can’t wait to see it. I enjoyed reading last year’s thread. Keep up the good work.

5 Likes

Agt-50 is a great product, I recommend it to everyone now. It’s hands down the best supplement I’ve added to my regime.

I can’t wait for spring this year. Going to be running autoflowers (Hopefully some synthetic seeds To ensure genetic stability :crossed_fingers:) with A couple of trees I started back in November.

Nothing beats growing under the sun, in my opinion well grown outdoor puts indoor to shame!

9 Likes

Thanks man! I’m stoked for winter to be over haha

We are running the same holes as last season and leveling out another 30x50 space for new holes. Hoping the old holes kill it this year, soil should be prime…

7 Likes

A few of the goodies I couldn’t get locally. I try to get most of my soil components locally to save on shipping…

Ps: Build a soils craft blend is the shit…great for amending, re amending and top dressing (In veg)

7 Likes

Grab a $20 aloe plant from a nursery you’ll thank me later, & some coconut powder from BAS

6 Likes

I have heard great things about both of them!

How do you use the allow directly off the plant? What’s your procedure?

And depending where my funds are at after getting all my “must haves”, I may give a 5lb bag of the coconut powder a shot…you drenching and foliar feeding with it? (I read BAS recs, just interested in your first hand experiences!)

2 Likes

2-3 large leaves, filet them (after cutting as close to the base of the plant as possible), then I’ll take the gel & mix it 3:1 with warm water & push it through a flour seive to keep a uniform concentrate, refrigerate it for longer shelf life. But it does wonders for plant growth & ipm alongside a few others like the coconut powder, dr bonners castle rock peppermint soap & em5. I occasionally when going to start flower will do a 100% unfiltered with honey comb (occasional bee) fertilizer mix to brew my teas with & the microbes are so much better for brix building (can sub molasses of course but I prefer honey myself.)

This deserves its own paragraph cause without @AgTonik the plant game wouldn’t be as great as it is right now. They make a otherworldly product for plant growth resin production & all around vigor of the structure I have noticed, I’ll never stop recommending them with regimens for folks I help out or give advice to.

I always allow at least one day drench when introducing feeds fertilizers amendments or ipm so this allows the plant to not go into a lock out or shock from the leaves being subjected to the nutrients & micronutrients first ( this results in a lot of burning). But yes I drench & foliar, if I foliar it’s every 3-4 days apart occasional 2-3 if I’m feeling they need it. But 1-2 hours lights off or shade them so the light Indux doesn’t multiply & end up causing burn to plants either. Make sure to have plenty of air movement around the plants as well, stagnant air is always a worry.

8 Likes

Nice man! Thanks for the info!

My ipm regiment for this season consists of (so far): venerate, grandevo, Karanja oil (early in veg), em5, DE and silica. Yucca goes in too but just as a surfactant.

And I had great experiences with Agtonik, why I switched to it this season from ferti-fulvic. Really stoked to see what it does when ran the entire lifecycle of the plants.

Still in the fence about what I want to run in flower. Last season I used organics Alive with great results, but am thinking about trying this instead:

Or maybe the active 5-10-10 early-middle of flower and organics alive v-k later on.

Still chewing on it a little bit…

I’m all ears if anyone has any input!

5 Likes

I remember when BAS compared them in their grow a few runs ago, they ended up needing to supplement the OA side more for a deficiency, I can’t remember what it was m.

1 Like

I watched that also actually. When I had my IG.

If I remember correctly it was calcium (maybe others too?). Memory could be fucking me tho haha it’s been awhile

I only used OA’s PK product. And it worked solid for my application. That said, my plants are pretty well fed by the amended soil and top dressings (I go heavy on the top dress/mulch game haha). The drenches in flower are just a boost.

1 Like

It seemed non biased for the side by side, I say it just comes down to the amount of supplemental work one might want to proceed with vs the other. They’re both great product & can be used for great potential but it seems the OA just broke down to quickly & was needing additional help sooner.

I think you’re correct

1 Like

Yeah I thought they did a great job with the side by side.

1 Like

Very informative & helped with solutions or breaks on both sides, I’d say genuine folks, I’m curious about the new product they got coming out it’s a powder extract I can’t remember the name

1 Like

Post some info for me if you see any more!

1 Like

I will I just searched their profiles on ig & jay_theplantspeakers couldn’t find the story & I guess my stoned ass didn’t reply to the naming contest :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Puparoo, I knew you were an OG. Haha. Anyways, I can’t wait to follow your outdoor thread. Genetics are always on point.

This year, I’m just doing a modified Cornell mix per 100 gallons- 33 gallons coco, 33 gallons composted cow manure, 33 gallons rice hulls, 10 lb. bone meal, 5 lb gypsum, 5 lb blood meal and watered with AGT-50.

9 Likes

Hahahaha that’s me!

And thanks man! Hopefully this years genetics like the climate over here.

And that’s an interesting mix, And actually has me really intrigued. Going to look more into it!

2 Likes

Hansel,

My name is Chase.
I am switching up my soil this year from Fox Farms Ocean Forest to to Build a Soil Living Soil.
Any pointers or any advice on which one to get and what extras to go with it, would be greatly appreciated. You do great work and i am very impressed with what you do and would like to learn from the best. I am located in Western Colorado and work for a hemp company. Last year went pretty good digging holes and planting straight into the ground. This year i am going with 100 gallon fabric living soil pots with the build a soil. This is the mix i was thinking of buying please let me know your thoughts when you have time. Thank you very much.

Chase Cordova
chase@coloradohempsolutuons.com
970-216-3903

3 Likes

Thanks for all the kinds words, Im not the best by any means, but I will definitely give you my feedback (all just based on my experiences)!

The v3 recipe is great, but I suggest just buying BAS nutrient packs, and then sourcing all other soil components locally and “build it” yourself (due to shipping, and their is always an up charge for buying pre built soil) I see your in Colorado though, so maybe you can work directly with BAS for some sort of bulk deal (I think they are in Colorado also).

On another subject, when I use the v3, I still go heavy on all my top dressings (but this is my experience with any soil).For the most part, I was using BAS craft blend in veg and then roots organics uprising bloom In flower. Covered by a bunch of chopped straw, tbh I rock flock fresh chicken bedding, it retains moisture like crazy.

I use fulvic and silica throughout the entire lifecycle. And then add In flowering nutrients in august. Last year I rocked BAS build a bloom and OA’s pk product. This year I’m leaning towards active 5-10-10 and then OA’s v-k product. Obviously there are a few compost teas throughout the season. But really, Nothing I’m doing is too crazy tbh.

3 Likes