Outdoor 2021

Let’s get you thinking about what nutrients you can lay down for your living soil to decompose for you to elongate the time inbetween needing to amend. This can be done with avocado tek (barely, blood meal, worm casting, bone meal, kelp, crustacean shells, gypsum, fish amino acid, bokashi, rock dust, alfalfa meal, figs & the avacado to hold it all together halved.)

This will give the microbes plenty to eat & the little soil helpers plenty to give your plants only need 2-3 pods while cycle.

3 Likes

Base media: 30% Chicken,sheep, goat, and rabbit shit composted mixed with 30 %fox farm and 40% coco.

7 Likes

Thank you guys for all the tips. I have been learning soooo much just from reading these threads and will continue to do so. I am so stoked for this years grow!!!

Yes, i believe there is a Build a Soil facility about 45 minutes away from me.

I know i will not be using regular nutrients with my living soil.
So am i able to still use Armor Si from General Hydroponics as Silica or will that mess with the soil?

Thank you guys again!!

I am writing all this down! This is awesome information.
Anything else you guys have please throw my way. I’m all ears.

I will be be posting pics with in the next couple weeks of set up and how things are coming.
And thank you @Cheebachiefextracts as well!

Chase

4 Likes

I use agsil16 and then @AgTonik for my fulvic (starting this year, previously used ferti)

And my new holes this year are just getting: 33%peatmoss, 33% perlite/ricehulls, 33% compost (a couple different kinds from local farm store, one of them has worm castings in it), BAS craft blend at 2cups per cu. ft, epsom salt, neem seed meal and rock phosphate (Don’t have the measurements for these last three amendments off the top of my head haha)

7 Likes

edit sorry

3 Likes

Just got the rest of my soil and amendments picked up (for the first batch of soil). First batch is 600 gallons total (x200–3 gallon bags). I’m going from peat pellet—solo cups—3 gallon plastic bags(in hoophouse)—final holes in ground(Outdoors)

Getting hyped. And the weather is finally feeling a little springish…

7 Likes

Those little green bags have peaked my interest. Aloe is an incredible plant. I don’t even buy rooting hormone anymore, just use the gel from freshly cut aloe. Looking forward to watching this unfold

6 Likes

I got those from @FicklePickle, along with the nl5. Stoked to see what they do!

4 Likes

I have plenty of aloe, can mail you 3 for $20

6 Likes

Clones from @Cloner have arrived safe and sound! (Packaging was great)

Excited to get these things transplanted!

I laughed pretty hard when the mailman asked me “are you hansel?”, being dead serious when he asked…

LOL

13 Likes

Does anyone have experience with Spinout copper hydroxide product? I remember reading about it a while ago but it seemed like it was being blatantly shilled on grass city forum.

3 Likes

I had those guys trying to sell their product in my store. I told them I think it would mess with the micro balance in plants. While beneficial in trace amounts, a quick check shows copper is deadly to plants at 25 ppm.

4 Likes

@Greenleafpro… love me some Down to Earth. I’ve added langbeinite since this picture was taken.

10 Likes

Nice mixer.

3 Likes

Did you grow in OK last year @Hansel

1 Like

Nope! WA

2 Likes

oh word, good luck this season, this will be my first outdoor in OK despite growing up here.

4 Likes

Thanks man! Same to you.

What strains are you running this season?

Doing deps or full term? (Or both)

3 Likes

You should have said, “You god-damned right I’m Hansel… You the Mailman?”

5 Likes

Use a hoop house brotha. I’ve been growing here legally since 2018

2 Likes