Options for pulling terps?

Go buy some ,then sell me some and ship it to me :blush: only way I’ll ever get to try any his stuff sad

5 Likes

LMAO OK I’ll dm u Po box, send me those jars that won’t leak I’ll send u some terps

3 Likes

What extraction method are you using?

Pentane steam tek

I’ll do consultations on running this set up if anyone would like to try

1 Like

Shouldn’t you be using dcm it ether?

@BeakerandWrench has an SOP for terps on a wiper.

I can try that one day but this works fine. Try it bro

I know about it, I’m just saying dcm and ether boil off lower and are nonmiscible with terps. Meaning they completely separate in a funnel.

1 Like

Right but I enjoy hydrocarbon because it’s non miscible with water… I don’t like pulling green. I’ll have to try dcm. Will it pull that grassy flavor into the terps?

Dcm is the solvent used in a hundred patents about terpenes and terpene chromatography. It’s supposed to be the best from what I’ve heard.
I was taught this by a chromatography terpene analyst who was the first guy to sell me on a machine and train me on digital chromatography.

4 Likes

dcm is quite volatile, and its polarity (read solubility) is in line with the compounds we are after.

my only caveat would be its kinda nasty stuff - but probably a good choice with the proper safety precautions.

1 Like

I’m currently in this exact situation at our lab in Ohio now! We have an apeks and a ethanol setup, and we are currently looking at scaling terpene runs in order to maximize terpenes extraction before extracting cannabinoids. @kenzyme or anyone else have any experience?

I am heavily involved with terpenes. My custom built terpene extractors hold around 150# each and we run then for 24hrs per batch to collect terpenes. The process is primarily hands off. Hit me in the DM and I can help you! If you need terpenes I have them for sale. 100% cannabis derived and can ship them anywhere in the world (aka water clear terpenes containing no THC)

1 Like

@Apothecary36 that truly is sad…
I have had a decent result with our apeks 5L however our yields are lower than we want, the gassy Terps are definitely present. I think I need to figure out better parameters for a CO² terpene run…any experience or suggestions are welcomed. Currently running at 900psi

@Sidco_Cat thank you for sharing that information, we currently have a big cascade oven for decarb and that ode or the inline terpene trap might be on my shopping list next. Do you have any experience first hand?

1 Like

I have only seen their documentation and the unit in a trade show booth. If you are in Portland, @Scientific710 might be able to get a demo going for you. I would love your feedback on it. I am glad the Big Blue is working out for you. I love that oven!

1 Like

Is anyone doing solventless terpene extraction with something like this? Price?

https://milestonesci.com/ethos-x-microwave-extraction-for-natural-products/

1 Like

It’s extremely slow and it will cook your shit fast, there really is better ways to take terps from a solution rather material and the results are much better.

1 Like

Interesting. Looking for some small batch tech to extract terps before -60c ethanol extraction for cannabinoids. Have experimented with ln2 and hash in vacuum oven with multiple cold traps, but it is hard to volatilize the terps in trichome shell.

Anyone tried modifying a standard microwave like this?

https://youtu.be/kGejN8J1o8U

1 Like

Would you be running DCM in a “steam” method?

1 Like