Options for pulling terps?

How can we try your terps?

Pull up, tour the farm, hit some dabs. I’ll make something for the glg cup on 420 If that’s easier.

5 Likes

Go buy some ,then sell me some and ship it to me :blush: only way I’ll ever get to try any his stuff sad

5 Likes

LMAO OK I’ll dm u Po box, send me those jars that won’t leak I’ll send u some terps

3 Likes

What extraction method are you using?

Pentane steam tek

I’ll do consultations on running this set up if anyone would like to try

1 Like

Shouldn’t you be using dcm it ether?

@BeakerandWrench has an SOP for terps on a wiper.

I can try that one day but this works fine. Try it bro

I know about it, I’m just saying dcm and ether boil off lower and are nonmiscible with terps. Meaning they completely separate in a funnel.

1 Like

Right but I enjoy hydrocarbon because it’s non miscible with water… I don’t like pulling green. I’ll have to try dcm. Will it pull that grassy flavor into the terps?

Dcm is the solvent used in a hundred patents about terpenes and terpene chromatography. It’s supposed to be the best from what I’ve heard.
I was taught this by a chromatography terpene analyst who was the first guy to sell me on a machine and train me on digital chromatography.

4 Likes

dcm is quite volatile, and its polarity (read solubility) is in line with the compounds we are after.

my only caveat would be its kinda nasty stuff - but probably a good choice with the proper safety precautions.

1 Like

I’m currently in this exact situation at our lab in Ohio now! We have an apeks and a ethanol setup, and we are currently looking at scaling terpene runs in order to maximize terpenes extraction before extracting cannabinoids. @kenzyme or anyone else have any experience?

I am heavily involved with terpenes. My custom built terpene extractors hold around 150# each and we run then for 24hrs per batch to collect terpenes. The process is primarily hands off. Hit me in the DM and I can help you! If you need terpenes I have them for sale. 100% cannabis derived and can ship them anywhere in the world (aka water clear terpenes containing no THC)

1 Like

@Apothecary36 that truly is sad…
I have had a decent result with our apeks 5L however our yields are lower than we want, the gassy Terps are definitely present. I think I need to figure out better parameters for a CO² terpene run…any experience or suggestions are welcomed. Currently running at 900psi

@Sidco_Cat thank you for sharing that information, we currently have a big cascade oven for decarb and that ode or the inline terpene trap might be on my shopping list next. Do you have any experience first hand?

1 Like

I have only seen their documentation and the unit in a trade show booth. If you are in Portland, @Scientific710 might be able to get a demo going for you. I would love your feedback on it. I am glad the Big Blue is working out for you. I love that oven!

1 Like

Is anyone doing solventless terpene extraction with something like this? Price?

https://milestonesci.com/ethos-x-microwave-extraction-for-natural-products/

1 Like

It’s extremely slow and it will cook your shit fast, there really is better ways to take terps from a solution rather material and the results are much better.

1 Like

Interesting. Looking for some small batch tech to extract terps before -60c ethanol extraction for cannabinoids. Have experimented with ln2 and hash in vacuum oven with multiple cold traps, but it is hard to volatilize the terps in trichome shell.