Opaline Silica Thread

im with you j12 on not drying the media…but maybe the size of the granules require every bit of dryness at this point bc yes the flow rate looks like it will be really fast

1 Like

Judging off how the B80 works under those conditions i think even if present it’s negligible. It should have still remedied the concentrate better than it did.

my money is on media size

Lmao you made my night with this hahahahaha

2 Likes

@cyclopath
Let’s see this loop your referring too… I don’t get how you would do it without a liquid pump when you would have equal pressure on both sides

Me neither…

As far as “pictures or it didn’t happen”. No can do. Doesn’t exist anymore.

there was a sketch up on the white board when this was explained in Vegas, and I could have sworn it was posted around here somewhere.

@Photon_noir’s description

There’s more too it…so follow the link back up thread for the novella.

Or even start again from the top if you haven’t seen how we got here yet.

1 Like

Add an intermediate heat exchanger between the CRC and collection and you can really up that recovery rate …
Off topic, please continue…

6 Likes

This sounds like a math problem for @downtheterphole :laughing:

1 Like

Along the lines of Recovery pump selection - #71 by Roguelab ?!?

Yep. Wish that had crossed my mind before I saw it done :wink:

If you read @Photon_noir’s description, and @j12’s “ain’t got time for that”, you’ll see that you’re actually ON topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely along those lines. It’s a nice way to increase heat transfer in a batch vessel.

3 Likes

Any hvac recovery unit can pump liquid
So drainport evaporation pot to hvac recovery unit to crc builds pressure in the right direction to :wink:

3 Likes

It does work…

15 Likes

Did you dry it?

Did the pictures not upload?

3 Likes

Pics look good. Did you dry it in vac oven prior to the run?

I just used a wee bit more. I will try to dry it out when I get back from the road

1 Like

So it works even without drying? Nice.

niiice cant wait to get my sample!!! Howd she flow @Dred_pirate

If it does (@Dred_pirate’s response seems ambiguous at the moment), then apparently @J12 did not receive a golden ticket.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Called oil dri today and talked to Scott…he didn’t really know shit…where did you get yours from?