Only The Strong sauce tek

If u do cryo cold crash at the 1/3rd level (where would freeze over if u where seeding)

I’m finding I can cold crash there for 2-5min and get this every time… Would this be considered the same for smaller jars? Quart jars 1oz product in it…short way to do cold crash? Instead 24-48hrs? It even work inside my collection base I checked w that on my first run for experiment

O yeah and I’m finally not getting just white sand

It’s white bloby now! The pic doesn’t show but has white specs floating in liquid top part too

Even seeded the jar which I never do

Oyeah @cyclopath it didn’t MELT! Think I know what that means!

Just locked her down

Water thin still, got chunks all in it that didn’t melt, and they are not the seeds I put it…

I feel I can do in smaller jars but I’m still mastering these

Think I was doing it all wrong before…white sand only , to much solvent,
Frozen over solid, not enough

And @Otscc a 3:1 ratio solvent to oil really helps…u can really see the layer when cold

Also after 5hrs getting ready to move to heat
…my cold crash STONES that formed melted :frowning:
My seed did tiny bit but not all way… Next time I’ll let lil more evap before seeding… Maybe another 1/4… Wasn’t quiet super saturated I’m assuming…it’s art what can u expect…bet I get large chunks no matter what!

That layer on bottom is still really solvent rich… Even if using 3:1 my oil layer must be saturated also, damn lids bend up heavy EVERY TIME!
Way harder than my recover all solvent sugar jars… Scares me every time! Think next time I’ll let another bit solvent go before capping … After seeing jar explode got me all timid and shit…even burped this jars to get lid a lil push to it…bc was grown up ass much as it could go!

1 Like

I can’t remember who on here but one of the smarter guys mentioned in a thread (maybe this one) that they cycle the temps so that crystals begin to crash on the cold side, then melt when it’s warmed. Once this cycle happens repeatedly, the crystals form much larger singular stones.

Whoever mentioned that, please correct me if I’m wrong or elaborate a bit on what I said

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I did, they got huge! I brought out warm up and back in over and over…
I think I must have sealed to early maybe bc my cold crash is always superficial…I swear you can see the clear puddles of thcA on bottom though

Has anyone notice that after too long in the oven their crystals decarb?

1 Like

how do you tell it’s decarbed. does it change from a crystal to something else? It was my understanding that THCA will crystallize, however other forms of THC won’t.

Melting into an oil

1 Like

what vac levels/temps do you notice this happening at? My last run I threw in the vac at room temp and didn’t notice anything, but it was only in there for a few hrs at most. Would be a cool way of decarbing though, melt crystals until it’s just an oil that way you can be sure everything has been decarbed

Ur not reaching temp to decarb in ur oven at 80-90f…100c was decarb I thought…but I haven’t in a year so idk

I was under the impression that under vac the temp needed for decarbing is greatly reduced, so that with the addition of more time would definitely result the decarbing process starting

Not at 80-100f no

This from some pretty reputable guys!!! I’d have to say so myself at least… and I believe everyone else around here will agree

I use vac too…it will speed up for sure…but to change molecular bond temp needs to be much higher

2 Likes

Sorry buddy but decarb is not dependant solely on temperature it’s a little bit more complex.

2 Likes

Decarb reaction rate
DECARB%20RATES

8 Likes

Cool chart! Idk how to read it :confused:

3 Likes

sorry, here is the source with explanation:

4 Likes

I’m no brain so just to understand this in for dummy term…

At 70f… which I do all the time (normal room temp storage)… Then material after a year(it says 3k hrs, which like 140days…so let’s say it’s stored room temp storage containers for year…

It won’t make diamonds bc it’s decarbed? Hmm somewhere my brain can’t handle that

Maybe they some science behind it I’m not understanding…or maybe the chart not in hrs…but after reading few looked like it was…help me understand buddy…I wanna get it completely!

1 Like

essentially yes, decarbing happens even at lower temps. Im not sure how accurate the chart is, but ime 10 - 12 month old material will not crystallize(stored between 50f-60f).

I usually let pure oil sit at 130f for 3 - 5 days for low temp/fast decarb, or if time permits, over a week at 115 - 120f

The OP mentions 30 minutes as a standard decarb time at 230f. 30m * 92= 2760m = 46hours.

If the standard decarb time at 230 was 60m it would be 92hours or 3.8 days.

Assuming the chart and decarb time @230f for 30 minutes is accurate and ,it would take 65 days to decarb at 70f.

2 Likes

Makes me wanna store some materials to try in year time… Thought ppl here was already making with material that old… Glad to know if true… Thanks bro

Could explain why a few ppl I taught have oil that never did anything at all!! Had me stumped but could make sense!

I love learning new things everyday!

Btw after reading ur post @pangea I’ve been making really nice sized 1/8-1/4 carat size pieces recover all SOLVENT… The temp making thinner for less terps run really helped explain some things and got me off all the pressure… Thanks bro! Made my recoveer all so much nicer and bigger chunks every time! Even though I know they’ll go cold, I’m just trying to mainly get my no solvent bigger stones w side experiments!

2 Likes

even more things can be factored in, like adding inert gas extends the time I’d say at 3k hours at 70 not vac sealed the risk of it becoming CBN is higher than the risk of it becoming decarbed, oxidation is a big factor, also takes less time with exposure to UV light, I may not be 100% correct but I have decent idea, somewhere in California there are 55gal drums buried full of weed and nitrogen added, so I’ve been told… there are vacuum sealers that add nitrogen.

1 Like

I know a guy with storage containers full of his farm’s harvest, and even though the container sits in the sun baking in the summer, the stuff stays pretty decent.

The stuff definitely degrades but I’ve seen material age much faster in Turkey bags. I believe the evaporating terpenes create some sort of protective layer of gas in the container. During a hot day, theres probably little to no oxygen in the sealed container

1 Like

From a 3.5lb fresh frozen GG#5 whole plant(minus non sugar leaves)run. Was frozen down to -80c in a lab freezer before the run and for the cold crash. Looks real yellow compared to my last OG Kush fresh frozen run.

8 Likes