Only The Strong sauce tek

I have kimtech wipes. I have to go to Safeway and get paper towels, I keep telling myself that, but I keep grabbing boxes of wipes.

Watch, I’ll still forget tomorrow to get em.

you will, when washing crystals it is easy to melt some.

your kimtech wipes will do just fine. Keep in mind this method of wioing the crystals is only good for a few, definatly not a production method!

The lint free are so much cheaper when cleaning my collection pot vs the kimtechs.
Different subject, I know. But that’s mostly why I need em.

It’s only 25 bucks at Best value vac half the price I’m not sure the exact size but I think it’s the same quantity

I may be a little late to the party but was been busy reading all I could before i started running this seasons new material. This is my first attempt at diamonds. It was fresh frozen Wedding Cake extracted with n-butane in a CLS. These pics are 14 days from extraction and 12 days from dry ice. I manipulated the temps every so often, never going above 90*F in the water bath, forcing the crystallization. I don’t care for large diamonds, per se. Also, this rested on a mini fridge with a box over the top covering the light so it wouldn’t be affected by UV, as opposed to putting it in a vacuum oven. I only have one vac oven and I’m using it for other projects. Gonna wait a few more days before I crack this open, wanna see if i can force precipitate any more out of the liquid/terp fraction. Thank you community!!

6 Likes

Man those look tasty. I was using one of my vac chambers but to free it up I bought a 10 gal fish tank at Walmart for $14 and this-> Amazon.com
I laid the tank on its side and cut cardboard and made a door .

6 Likes

Nice!! I love the clone mat underneath, genius! My concern would be light and UV affecting and breaking things down in the jars so make sure that’s kept in the dark

I wrap all my jars in foil it looks super tweaker

6 Likes

Okay I was actually just wondering if you could dumb down the process for me. Like what do you do? Do a pour up in a jar but have more butane in the pour up and not recover all butane? Then you put that on a chest of dry ice for a few days and burp the lid every 6 hours? When you do you see crystals? Can crystals be made with etoh? I also don’t have a butane recovery pump.

1 Like

Started with dried trim…

24 days in jar, ran through CLS dewaxer plugged up, had to thaw dewaxer negating dewax, dumped in jars from dewaxer, boiled down from 3/3 to 2/3 placed in cooler with dry ice and iso alcohol overnight jars looked like this, slowly brought to room temp, with lids loose boiled to between 1/3 and 1/4 then capped right, one jar worked the other had to have more solvent added which the next day growth became obvious it will most likely turn to sugar terps
I wash using puretane from a can I set it on dry ice till it barely sprays, kinda break up the chunk then in a metal screen for sifting stuff I spray em off, if they are large not much melts, do quick fast then roll around, place on parchment then stick in vac oven and purge the butane off, they get a little foggy but pass residual tests every time.

4 Likes

Basically… evap the tane til it get super thick, then dry ice it. I actually poured my tane into a jar that had been pre-frozen in the dry ice and froze it right away. I prob shoulda reduced a bit of the tane first… I didn’t burp at all, just capped when I took it outta the freezer after letting it off-gas

U make me smile every time! I love how u got full bloom…was u getting full bloom before? Was material column dewax?

Looks spectacular!

1 Like

I got that pretty much every time, sandy looking not like otssc but definitely something, yea it was a room temp everything except dewaxer, which I had to warm up I’d say partial dewax at best, cuz there was definitely wax on the filters but I’m sure it could a been better

This is the jar we had to add butane to we did not recrash and swirled around so its growing sand now lolhere is after about a week
about 2 weeks

Side by side

2 Likes

Is that a sheet of ice or dry ice

2 Likes

Haha nah bro it’s just foam, tiny pieces of dry ice there

2 Likes

Friday facets…?

5 Likes

Ok. So start off super cooling your tubes or gas. You want it to be at least -110f. Do your run. Then when you’re recovering. Pull it down to around a 3:1 butane:extract. So if you’re expecting 50 grams try to leave around 150 butane. Then pour into jar. Cap loose and stick on dry ice/isopropyl. No burping. After 48hrs you should have cold crash. Then take it out and leave at room temp for a bit. You dont want the cold crash to dissolve. But you want to evap about half the butane. At this point tighten the cap and place at 85°f.

13 Likes

1000 posts. Great thread

10 Likes

Fresh frozen material

10 Likes