Only The Strong sauce tek

At what temp do I filter the crash out?

No reason to let it warm upā€¦itā€™s just like a cold solvent wash, only youā€™ve already taken care of the ā€œwashā€ part

3 Likes

Let me ask you something, since I donā€™t have access to distalites, could I pull out the cold crash, put in glass container, let melt and dry or maybe jar and let crystallize, then winterized, decarb ,would I be able to use this as a clean pallet for Vapes and to be able to measure out my dosage of them too, this is purely for personalā€¦

Thanks buddy and I wasnā€™t trying to contradict you or anything, was just trying to help, the directions are vauge, my first run I screwed up not understanding some the directions. I was pulling my hair out

I would decarb it under vacuum, and yes, you may end up with a pretty high-purity, activated THC extract. Who needs scrubbing/winterizing when you can just crystallize THCa, right?

1 Like

Ok but the only reason I was winterizing was the true terps viscosity cutting agent I already bought Iā€™m trying to use and get some really clean Vapes
It requires winterized product or distalites which I asked them if would work with live they said yes, makes cloudy yellow and really thick,Iā€™d have to use way more than they say, the farm to vape was better so far

With Vapes would I want to crystallize first? Or just use after gathered after cold crash then decarb, which Iā€™m dummy I donā€™t even know how to do in vacuum

Well, I mentioned skipping the winterization, assuming that THCa crystallization was clean enough to exclude the fats. THCa is certainly lipophilic to some degree so there may be some impurity thereā€¦ I recommend anything smokeable to be winterized haha.

Iā€™m not sure I understand. The cold crash is a form of crystallization (precipitation).

K but the cold crash will basically melt at room temp bc isnā€™t stable crystals,I guess Iā€™m saying if I crystallize itā€™ll be more pureā€¦ But also Iā€™m learning just then which I learn something every day here, that Crystals are basically void of fat, so Iā€™ll do test with just the Crystals cold crash then some after crash, Iā€™ll have to melt down to put cutting terp on ,. Iā€™m just trying to get it done good, and if I donā€™t have to winterize the crystals Iā€™ll probably just wash them with cold solvent, Iā€™m having trouble finding heptane or pentane cheap enough to use though for the wash, that way they get the nasty terps off, from a bad strain! And at end Iā€™ll add terps from good stuff or Tru terps strain profile, thanks buddy I think I get it better now

@Shadownaught / Carbon Chemistry should have various solvents pretty affordably

1 Like

sauce Saturday! Have a good Memorial Day weekend everyone!

3 Likes

I recovered down in cls(recovery chamber) with a warm bath circulating at 90. Recovering passively until about 1-2psi left to bleed off and then continue to open platted and then pour into jar

Then i go right into cryo crash. The part i now recognize that clears my concern is letting to much solvent evap off .

Getting ready to pour in couple days

Just everyday huge chunks keep falling out, was super thick liquid when I posted last pic, now the terps have crashed out and are super thinā€¦

And oooo boy look at those stones.

I know it I wouldnā€™t have disturb for pics they would have been bigger

NO OVEN THIS TIME!!! ONLY ROOM TEMP! 69-76F JUST IN MY CABINET , LOW SLOW EQUALS MORE FORMED CRYSTALS!

Just wanted to show you donā€™t have to have HEAT for all those that step is bothering

1 Like

You may have recovered to much solvent. Psi can not be the best indicator. When you get close to your desired level. Remove the collection vessel from the warm water bath. After a few mins the pressure will go down as the cold tank condenses the solvent. Then you can finish the process. You want at least 350-400ml of mother solution. Can be more or less depending on system size.

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m new to these forums and Iā€™m trying to get into Diamond Mining. Iā€™m wondering if I can use the same tactics up above but with my set up. I currently am using a 2ā€™ā€™ Standard Closed Column Extractor (I am soon gonna buy 70/30 Bho/Propane for better results aswell) Any tips or changes ill need to factor in!?

You definitely need a blended solvent most like tri blendā€¦

Yes you can use with diamond miner, might take in account itā€™s way thicker than the glass and just make sure your getting to temp for cryoā€¦

Probably even switch to acetone instead alcoholā€¦ good luck bro

Ahh just poured the terps off! Yes might go ask my girl to marry me with one these stones!

gonna give another go at washing now that I have something worth washing!

I started with 3 420ml butane = 1260l ,donā€™t know how much whatever you call anything else but, I start cryo at about 800-900ml , doesnā€™t have to be exact, but right about 2/3 of my original valueā€¦I even reblasted several times after it so melts, then start over on the last one to get more. Just as long as you start cryo about 2/3 of your starting solute? I think itā€™s the wordā€¦ Then after cryo I donā€™t seal till about 300-450ml , which is a 1/3rd my starting solute, the jar is marked. Itā€™s actually really easy and very repeatable regardless the size or saturation of biomass? Idk I guessed on that one, Iā€™m sure someone will tell me the right oneā€¦ But in much appreciation I love learning! Keep to SOP!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

5 Likes

My first THCa crystallization yielded 0.25 gram chunks in a week, using only butane and no cryogenic precipitation (just cold extraction from dry, warehouse floor trim)

Iā€™ll dig for the photosā€¦ Meanwhile here are some handy bits of info

something like thisgrowthsaturation

7 Likes

Diamonds from floor sweep? Sounds like youā€™ve got this down.

Canā€™t prove youā€™re a gangster, membership isnā€™t publicā€¦

certainly some have proclaimed their affiliation :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sure tri-blend can be used in an open system such as the ā€œclosed columnā€
style @TortuousS is using, but I personally would avoid using any blends in a system without a gauge and a pressure relief valve.

1 Like

Do units like these exist? Holy hash oil batman! thatā€™s a bomb! I donā€™t think I would put air into something without a guage!

1 Like

heā€™s here to tell everyone they lost their credibility. but yes you are correct the propane and isobutane pull different terpenes and biochemicals than n butane alone. and those biochemicals are key to a proper sauce.

Yeah thank goodness I was smart enough to at least get that upgrade, although with the amount cans I run and the fact that I donā€™t soak and was advising anyone that does not to would helpā€¦ guess I need to clear that part up an might helpā€¦

Btw why when I soak even with my open jacket I get cloudy budder sand instead clear crystal with clear golden terps