Only The Strong sauce tek

Question…When you say you dewaxed inline for 2 hours at -30c. Does that mean you had a dewaxing column got it cooled down to -30c filled column and let soak for 2 hours at temp before recovery. Am new, any help is appreciated.

Yes, you use a jacketed or sleeved column. Filled with dry ice and alcohol(I prefer acetone, as it gets colder and traps more terpenes.) flood with solvent and soak x number of time. Then refill and soak or flush, however you choose is really up to your style. That’s really one a stage one dewax. Yup can drop the solution in a size appropriate jacketed column and let sit another 2-3 hours. Then drop into your recovery column. And recover solvent down to a desired level.

1 Like

Crazy photo of the crash… on some blueberry sour d!

9 Likes

When you put your jars in the pressure pots do you leave them uncovered, loosely capped or tightly capped? Also, what is the highest pressure you go to in those? Was thinking of installing a pressure relief valve, just wondered what psi to get. Just ordered this: https://www.harborfreight.com/2-1-2-half-gallon-pressure-paint-tank-66839.html It was 80 bux with this 20% off code: 32015438 Last question what pressure do you shoot for when adding nitrogen to the tank? Getting ready to do another run as soon as my parts get in so thanks in advance for any knowledge.

1 Like

Has anyone experienced this…
“AFTER POURING INTO MASON JAR AND PLACING INTO CRYO BATH, AND EXPERIENCED NO BLOOM WHAT SO EVER. And just seems as the solution in the jar is frozen. Mind it was 2-4DAY PERIOD OF CRYO”…

Any help would be appreciated. Just making sure I did my steps correctly. May think I let off too much solvent before I places in cryo…

It will happen after it is left in the freezer, not on cryo in the freezer. Let sit in the freezer by itself and the slight temp change will slowly turn the seemingly frozed layer to your thca seeds.

3 Likes

Try slow cooling for bigger formations. if your solution is too saturated, it definitely may freeze up as a slushy at cryo temps. If it’s liquid at room temp but freezes solid at cryo temps, you can likely find a gradient in between that will allow for precipitation

4 Likes

handy chart for making cooling baths at various temperatures…

7 Likes

What’s the best way to remove diamonds from bottom of mason jar? I’m having problems keeping them intact while trying to remove them. Thank you

[quote=“Otscc, post:1, topic:44, full:true”]

1. Start by chilling your material columns. With open sleeved jackets a dry ice/ 99% isopropyl solution will reach -110, and with closed jackets liquid nitrogen is appropriate. Chill the solvent tank at this time as well.
  2. Once you have reached and are holding desired temp while also maintaining vacuum it’s time to prime the system. We do this by pushing warm vapors from another solvent tank into the system.
  3. Turn on your recovery pump and open recovery port on your cold tank, allow it to build a bit of pressure. While doing this, remove the cold solvent tank from its chilling bath, place it on your refrigerant scale, then open the liquid port and begin flushing. I do a 10:1 solvent to material.
  4. Once the solvent has pushed through the material column I let the solute run through my buchner vessel (purchased from open source Steel). I put pro pak distillation packing on top and between the filters to prevent clogging. Freeze with dry ice and iso/etoh for at least one hour. I’ve had clients get good results without dewaxing.
  5. After allotted time, I open the next valve and allow it to run through the filters into the collection vessel. I recover at 65° to preserve the terps.
  6. Once it’s low enough open (you want to leave about 1lb of solvent and pour into jars put lid on loose and cryo with dry ice / isopropyl for minimum of 2 days. I do this in an igloo cooler in a deep freeze freezer. During this you’ll see THCa crystals blooming on the walls and bottom of the jars. This is what you want to happen, don’t be alarmed.
  7. After that let jars sit at room temp for an hour or 2, then tighten the lids all the way and do another couple hours at room temp. (This is only to ensure enough solvent has evaporated so you can tighten the lid)
  8. Place jars, with lids tight, in vacuum oven at 80-85° with no vacuum, for 14-21 days, sometimes longer depending on the reaction. (For larger diamonds set to 65° this will extend growth time to 3 months even longer. You must be patient for this. I advise doing 85° till youre comfortable.) That’s when your crystals will grow and real separation will happen.
  9. Once you feel you have achieved proper separation. (You sometimes need to burp after growth has stopped) Open jar and quickly pour terps into smaller jar allow some diamonds to flow in as well. Cap and place back on heat for another week or 2 to ensure precipitation has ended.
  10. After a week or 2 open terp fraction and begin purging. Leave the oven at 85(this step is not always necessary), pour the terps into a pyrex dish to allow for enough surface area for the solvent to escape. And pull a -15 to -20 vac for 4 days
  11. While the terp fraction is finishing we advise to put the thca portion in the freezer with capped lid. Place back in oven and purge with the terpene fraction.

The freezing in the jars will force the THCa to crystallize and crash off to the bottom. Then, as it heats up it will dissolve (if you have no pressure it will float to the top leaving seeds everywhere negating the cryo) with pressure it will stay at the bottom and create a clear layer and as the pressure rises the layer gets thinner and more compact until it’s so compact it’s forced to crystallize to get room…

Please use #OnlyTheStrongTek and tag me in any IG posts.

For specific questions ask here or dm me @otsccprime or my partner @otscckingkom710 on ig.

Screenshot_20180123-142105
[/quote]

5 Likes

This is my first time trying to mine diamonds… after freezing I put jar at room temp and it’s doing this, is that normal ??

1 Like

Did you pour several jars and only the first one you poured didn’t react? You may have gathered THC on bottom already from pan being to cold which isn’t bad, but this probably isn’t what’s going on just trying to help, did you have crystals gather before the pour?

1 Like

Are you soaking the actual material this long, I’m just trying to understand this way myself

You want to soak long enough to trap as many terpenes. There are mono and sesquiterpenes, the sesquiterpenes are locked in at lower temps. That’s why I use acetone in my cooling bath in my jacketed columns. Then the drop into a empty jacketed column, where in freezes out the fats and the filtered, all of this I do inline passively. Then recover to desired saturation (varies on size of system you run) hope that clears it up a little.

2 Likes

What is a proper storage temp for sauce?

In jar , will stay the way it is for long long time, you may have to stir the terpenes neck in from time to time, and after enough time opening the will start to dry off too I think

I had i was up to this point but when i applied heat and checked on them when i woke up all of the boom formations have melted

@Dr.Tam710 , That’s normal, the cold crash is superficial, meaning only to gather THC, once you bring out applie heat all that melts bc isn’t stable, after being sealed and slowly evaporating the butane does the magic happen, where all that melted will gather and grow beautiful Crystals

Are these diamonds forming or just bubbles ??

1 Like

Bubbles, and you’ll get bigger diamonds if you don’t disturb as hard as it is and this is what they look like, sealed 2weeks ago

For the sake of helping some ppl, I moved it around for better pic,

I’ve used this same SOP for 3g end runs to 28g end runs, I know you guys pumping ten times more than me…
Just trying to show follow SOP you will be very happy and I don’t think the size matters if you follow the 2/3 to 1/3 rule, and I didn’t even use the oven on this run, just threw in my closet in the g.room

It’s ok, don’t be alarmed, and if pops you get sugar and I still get small 1/8 karrat sized diamonds even when I don’t gather with cryo, and it evaps really fast sometimes with small runs

, smallest jar I’d say use quart wide mouth mason jar for easier access later

When you blast directly into something, now you have a whole amount, even if you have to much for one jar pour multiple jars just do right after blasting to get starting point,our starting point is a fully saturated mix, 3/3… Nothing gone from the initial full amount you blast out, don’t matter if you use ten lbs , pour directly into jars your FULLY saturated mix… After you let set out at room temp then the jar will be 2/3 full, no matter what we are saying don’t let any evap when you go into your jars to start the 3/3 and you’ll still be at this ratio, that gives him some kind starting point for ppl to use that don’t use the same amount, I’m not being mean I’m trying to help… Then saying whatever you do don’t lid the jar until you are at where the 1/3 Mark would be (after cryo and let sit out point), to be safe about pressure for the jar, doesn’t matter how much we start with bc we poured fully saturated mix in to get starting point, did this make any sense now man, we here to help not get laughed at

It’s just to give others that don’t use his amounts some kind guidelines, they work

9 Likes