Oklahoma has got a dirty weed problem

I’m more speaking to the fact that a huuuuugeeee portion of the land in OK has been bought by foreign nationals and out of staters. They’re the majority of boof producers in the state by a long shot.

Everyone sees Oklahoma as the cheapest place to do business with not an ounce of thought of how this massive influx of money is affecting one of the worse off states in the union.

When I say out-of-staters have made a laughing stock of Oklahoma, I mean: they’ve made the bar so unattainably high that the only way to survive is to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

How can any god-loving okie compete with an MSO or a black market international cartel that has tens of millions of dollars?

By cutting their standards, they hope.

Yeah—lots of good out of state growers / processors are killin it.

Lots of good okies are killing it too, but lots of the ones who are great at their craft will fail because of the influx of out of state money.

$0.02

13 Likes

Yeah, word on the street is Oklahoma hates China more than this forum.

6 Likes

Word on the street is I can’t buy dick for land in China but foreign nationals can buy literally hundreds of thousands of acres no problem.

My issue is not with China, it’s with the policies of my state that have so drastically fucked our state beyond recognition.

When the bottom of this economic boom falls out, it’s going to be my friends and family that hurt the most. If it falls out…

13 Likes

I haven’t run into those import from out of country teams here yet but I did work for a Chinese funded tier 2 operator in Oregon 3 or so years ago.

They’re ready to cut checks and get returns on their investment.

Our government is to blame for them taking action while we as federal citizens risk doing so.

3 Likes

Yes. Exactly.

I’m all for a free market that sorts itself out—within reason. OK has been an outstanding example of how no baseline regulation can get outta hand real quick.

3 Likes

Edited. Because it’s not just OK. It’s the entire country…

Welcome to America

5 Likes

Having no personal experience with OK, I imagine that there are a shitload of these VC funded goat-fucks that are going to operate at massive loss hoping that “scale” and “networking” is going to save their ass. They’ll just burn their massive startup capital pulling the price below what profitable operators can operate at until they’re broke. Pretty much the WA model

6 Likes

So many asshats with 5k from out here ran there to set up shop cause they couldn’t make it here or afford to make it work. Low barriers to entry let alot of turds float over.

1 Like

They do this in California too. And then they give you a sob story about how everyone is losing money so they can’t pay their employees but deep down we all know they have money in their personal accounts

1 Like

We saw this coming when we realized you could put all your licensing and fees on a credit card. And, it would fit on even a crappy one or two or 7.

Now all the guys with seed in a tray under the couch and flower pot, who thought they’d give it a go are getting up and going. Some well and some so long. The free market has given a lot of dreamers space and easy access. It was up to them to catch up or get left when the big guns came to town or the locals grew into their big-boy pants. Now its whining about shoulda-coulda-woulda. Looks like a bunch of us did, some are getting it, some are not. It’s just business now. Like every other business, it’s not very dreamy anymore. Good business is boring. Steady and sane. I hear the mushroom business might have room to dream still.

4 Likes

That shit will be over produced faster than weed

5 Likes

Better hurry before the dream gets away again. I’ve seen the growing medias for that. Not dreamy. Not dreamy

Nevada had a similar problem early on. If you can’t figure out how to grow compliant you will not survive. Most fails in the Nevada market are from micro occasionally I’d see pest fail.

50 a zip and they claim 29%

3 Likes

I no longer try to understand the buying public. I think I’ll come closer to understanding my wife.

They want and will buy the craziest stuff you can make. The more outrageous the better. Frankly, they don’t care about your silly labs if they think it will get them higher than they’ve ever been before. That information is on the label and hell, it’s been tested, right. Fire it up.

3 Likes

As someone who’s in California and Ok, the shop owners also run their shops differently than CA shop owners do. California people are making them boutique stores, in Oklahoma they’re running a more gas station model.

6 Likes

You are being too kind. As our wholesale person has gone out, there’s many that are on the dive bar model. They do a quiet solid business. Just like a dive bar. Their customers like the vibe and do steady repeat business. They buy normal stuff. The ones closer to the boutique model are the ones wanting all the crazy high THC numbers flexing. They do the same thing at their bars, too.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ and I spend $300+ for that here :-1:

2 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

If I’m elected level 4 I promise to attempt to make Oklahoma sustainable

7 Likes