Nucleation/Sugar problem since spring a started

im at my breaking point!
every batch i have done sense the snow started melting every single slab has nucleated, usually only 5-15% but sometimes more. it happens in the first corner i start spraying from and then grows from there. its clearly an agitation issue but never happened before. i have had 100+ batches of success using the same method i use now. I am wondering if its a temperature change/condensation from my spout. My jackets on my separator/collection pot are usually set 90/120f i have played with all different temps spraying it.

i have had this problem when my environments been down to 34% humidity. so now i am doubting if its even environmental. i did not have this issue last summer/fall/winter, which is why i feel its environmental at this point

my dry rooms get down to 20% so my material is dry!
I use a big filter sieve, vapour from the bottom up. i have even dried the beads in the vacuum oven multiple times, i have ordered new beads to try out theyll be in soon. im praying this works but doubtful…
all material is in house, no sprays etc…
i use nitrogen in my ovens
vacuum my system every batch

3 Likes

How long do you soak for?

1 Like

I run a 8Ă—48 long column. It take 30mins to fill up then i immediately dump it. I have always done this without having problems before. I also do this to make sure i dont have channeling problems

1 Like

Do you backfill your oven with nitrogen when you release vac? You could be introducing moisture when you repressurize your chamber

4 Likes

Did I hear u say “spout” …I never used but some guys around swear by keeping ur thangy clean! Old oil or anything left on spout from not cleaning properly can start nucleation spots if I’m understanding them correctly

6 Likes

Yea i always use nitrogen

2 Likes

The times i have taken it apart and cleaned it, it didnt solve the problem, i also flush my machine everyday exiting threw the spout back to the flush tank

2 Likes

Have you tried to leaving a little more solvent in the pour so their is a little more molecular mobility?

5 Likes

Nothing in your production method has changed at all? Powders, new equipment, new material? Could be the material you’re running if nothing else.

1 Like

I have sprayed it like liquid. I have sprayed it out as foam that melts almost instantly or even foam that only melts in the oven

Shame on me… I am lieing by saying nothing in my process changed in my first post. I am using powders now. But i was having this problem way before i started using them. Me making that statement saying nothing has changed was refering to me having this problem before i started using filter powders, before using the filter powder i changed nothing and this started happening.

Filter powder definitely compiled your issue, but even if you’re growing the same material, terpene concentrations in relation to cannabinoids can vary from harvest to harvest and plant to plant. You may have a slightly less terpy crop resulting in a higher concentration of cannabinoids and as such causing crystallization due to purity. Or if you changed processing temperatures, times, cooling method, etc. etc. every variable you can think of.

1 Like

I deff see more sugar on the clear slabs which i assume is because of higher purity/concentrations. Re running mutiple batches together always cuts down on the total damage for some reason.
But i even have the sugaring in the first spot i spray onto each slab when i switch back to the old method i used to extract which is when i didnt use a seperate dewax column and crf

Im wondering if it is a temperture change from my spout to the trays i spray on.
Im holding my face right now. Smfh!

1 Like

Most things i covered. At the end of my days with the BHO extraction i never had nucleations. Its a lengthy read but I covered just about everything

5 Likes

Try changing your spout, if for any reason it got hit by something that could chip or dent it, that could cause it to do that. Its turbelance in the flow.

Push some nitro or pressurized air when not in use threw the spout, if it whistles it has a small chip or dent even if u cant see it

7 Likes

Is it possible to not use the spout and lose couple gs, or pour out to check this?

I would have to build something and maybe buy a few parts to be abled to do pours. My systems pretty big i would need a collection pot with a detachable spill tray.
Ive got away with using the spout a good 130 runs without issue. So my stubborn self wants to figure it out and make it work again.

Ive been reading all night and talking to a few people. I think ive been pulling to aggresively at my last 20% of my reclaim with to much heat 100f+

4 Likes

Why not just big scoop-upla just to check before changing out things… recover back almost everything then scoop out old school style.

You’ll lose some but might settle some thoughts

Are u running super fresh material? U dry ur own stuff? Does it get same conditions every time?

Quick question… Filtering through powders. Only the edge of the slab nucleated. Would like to nucleate the whole thing so the color is bright. I aggitated it a bunchhh but nothing… Its dark shatter now

ix

To get whole slab to nucleate i just leave in oven few degrees higher then what i purged at. No vac on oven

2 Likes