Shatter is auto buttering

Tell that to Johnnie Walker and the other malt blenders

Edit: not relevant here though, they do it for product consistency and clearly that’s not what we’re talking about

3 Likes

You both are missing the point. No one is going around saying “wreck whiskey”

I’m saying some people can’t afford top shelf products. A corvette or Ferrari is a nice car, but not everyone can buy one right?

Some people have to buy cheaper things and there’s a lot of people that don’t have a lot of money to spend on a 30-60 for a single gram. Some people would rather spend 30 bucks on two grams so they can get through their paycheck. Since it’s low cost, it sells more.

I’m not saying only make shatter and I’m not saying it’s better by any stretch. I make diamonds, badder and sugar all the time. But if I can make several thousand more dollars every time I make dispensary drops, why wouldn’t I? Because I’m trying to educate the customer? We’re running a business, not a wax education seminar

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think the whole point was to sell the sugar for the same price you’re selling the shatter. I.E. Higher quality product FOR A LOWER price… Better end result for the customers that can only afford to buy shatter from anyone else at that price point… Instant customer fan base… But again you’re talking dispensaries, and you don’t necessarily ever come across an end user (I would think…) so you can’t exactly educate them…
So really, you’re just in a position where you have to do what you have to do… That’s what I’m getting anyway

I mean, you’re all free to sell your diamonds for shatter prices. I wouldn’t leave that much money in the table but more power to you lol

then here is one of them search bar gems: Nucleation/Sugar problem since spring a started

and here is another: Oven Tek for stable shatter. Humidity doesn't stand a chance

Edit: for the OP, or anyone following along. not suggesting you don’t know how to get what you want from your material.

1 Like

Apparently you missed me posting yesterday about the $12 grams of sugar I got from the dispensary the other day.

So you’re implying that having sugar instead of shatter will hurt your bottom line? :man_facepalming: You may want to rethink that one. Maybe reread what I wrote…

3 Likes

I’m so confused. You have sugar. You want to do EXTRA processing to make it LESS valuable. How is that a winning proposition?

7 Likes

haz you seen the price folks are paying for cannabis derived terpenes? who says the money stays on the table if you sell the isolate at shatter prices?

2 Likes

I don’t understand how you can jump around the point. Sell the shatter for shatter prices, sell the sugar for sugar prices and sell the diamonds for diamond prices. Out here in Oklahoma, there isn’t 12 dollar grams of sugar. We get more than that to the store. Shatter is around 8 and diamonds are 15+. Why would I want to make half as much money on the sales? I’d rather just carry a variety of products and sell more. Idk why that’s difficult to grasp

6 Likes

Lol this is so simple it hurts me to have to write it out a little bit but maybe I’m explaining it wrong.

This weekend I’m making a drop. They want several different consistencies to cater to the people that buy their stuff.

Specifically they want 100 grams of each

Shatter ($800)
Sugar ($1300)
Diamonds ($1500)

Which comes out to $3600

If I sell my diamonds and sugar at shatter prices, it comes out to $2400

If I don’t sell them the shatter, I lose $800.

In a perfect world where every dispensary will buy whatever you make, sure, make diamonds and sell them for whatever low price you want. However, My job isn’t to teach people about what product I think is best. My job is to give the dispensary something they can sell so we can have a fruitful business relationship

2 Likes

I think what everyone is suggesting is that if you offer to sell 100g sugar for $1300 and then offer a discount of $400 for the next 100g, you still make more than selling it as shatter and the store is likely to take it. And you don’t need to do the extra processing to fuck your sugar into shatter

And yes, I do understand absolutely sometimes you have to sell what you’ve agreed to sell, but before you redissolve your sugar and do another pour off, it probably wouldn’t hurt to try. I’d think the dispo sales would understand if you appealed to them with a “this shit is too fire to make into shatter, it’s a waste of beautiful sugar but if that’s what you really want…”

7 Likes

In that situation, it absolutely would make sense to drop the price on the sugar but they would still have people wanting shatter. Some people just straight up like it. Some like it for the look, some like it because the price, some might even think it’s an all around better product. I don’t know. But either way it sells so I’m gonna fill the market where I can. They order according to what theyre selling, I do my best to fill the order.

1 Like

Friends don’t let friends make shatter

7 Likes

brah, if it don’t shatter…

7 Likes

Then it don’t matter fam

8 Likes

I’m back to feeling dirty for even joking about that lol

9 Likes

Uneducated Masses? Yeah I can vibe with that. Fact is, it’s extremely easy to make. From start to finish. It can be done in small quarters - very small quarters and done cleanly.

Sadly it is not particularly terpy and I am so over making it I don’t want to make it any more.

Yup…