Noob looking for the best way to extract oil and resin

I highly suggest the method linked below if working with hydrocarbons scares you. Ethanol is great for familiarizing yourself with the fundamental principles and practices of extraction, and @TheLostBiologist has laid all out in an easy to follow, step by step guide. It is honestly one of my favorite posts ever made to the forum by anyone, ever.

You can make really good, clean medicine with this process, and you can use it in absolutely any way one could imagine (dabbing, vaping, eating, etc.) Don’t feel like you have to use hydrocarbons or settle for squish to get what you want. It can absolutely be done with dry ice, booze, cannabis, a little magic dirt, and some time (plus a few small pieces of equipment like a rotary evaporator and a decent vacuum).

1 Like

The picture you posted is distillate. From what I’ve heard it takes a shit load more material than 1lb to make a good match of disty.

1 Like

Fresh frozen, a stainless steel thermos flask, small jars, butane/propane lots of ventilation, freez everything that comes in contact with flower.

Fill thermos with fresh frozen, add solvent, time 20 to 30 minuts, than pour over a couple of coffee filters at a time (I use 3 coffee filters at a time, if they clog up I get fresh ones) into a glas beaker to evaporate and eventually pour into a small jar.

From here on it depends on what you want to get as final product, dry out/vacuum purge for shatter or cap jar at the right time for crystals.

( Edit, if you dont want shatter dont evap to quick over a large space like a pyrex pan, or you wil have to heat up later til right consistentancy at the expense of some terpenes.
I stay under 35c-40c the whole time.

And the freezer I got is max -40, like the most basic household deepfreeze I could find for this

For honey oil consistentancy I keep it tick in a little jar till everything evaporates and then I purge and cap.

But over time some thca rich honey oils will do some crystalization when kept in a container.

I find the crystals with sauce, easier to smoke and handle, les sticky on smoking papers )

For everything over 50 grams you should never openblast.

Thats how I been doing it, been ending up with decent crystals so far (everything is for personal use)

2 Likes