New research suggests that Hemp is mostly Marihuana - other study suggests that water is wet

The scam of the century

4 Likes

One of the dumbest things I’ve read in a while.

8 Likes

agreed; shits just clickbate

13 Likes

It’s not clickbait it’s a real study, money was spent, people in lab coats talked in groups, with clipboards, there were lots of tests and pippettes and graphs :bar_chart:

Can academia create a clickbait article?

6 Likes

no but some online store selling customize it your self tinctures can (sweet set up too; i can dig it https://www.nothingbuthemp.net/build-your-own-cbd)

1 Like

The scam of the century.

I’m not even gonna bother with a click. It’s not worth my 30 seconds.

9 Likes

study suggests that people are half banana

12 Likes

It’s almost like things are categorized to make money and not based on science.
Is there any actual genome or is hemp and canna separated simply by legal definition like +.3%thc or some garbage?
If the answer is simply a law based thc % (hint, it is) lets ditch it for something better, more tangible.
Rowan I appreciate ya bud, and more so when you keep it lit.

2 Likes

I think it’s all cannabis sativa!! Maybe we should all just call it by it’s scientific name. :face_with_monocle::kissing:

5 Likes

que up the butthole sparkler didn’t read gif

Sorry

3 Likes

I will say this again though. Is that cannabis gives most the energy to the fan leaves and to the production of buds while hemp gives most of its energy to the stalk. I wouldn’t say they’re the same thing.

3 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Ok, do you think our high cbd strains as seen on the market today follows the energy to the buds thing or the stall thing?

4 Likes

Bro, just adjust the trebble on da ting ting and we good.

Hemp is just marijuana light.

3 Likes

D8 is d9 light.

1 Like

Primary literature link:

https://doi.org/10.1111/nph.17243

Hands up who didn’t know that most of the cannabis sativa being grown for cannabinoids other than thc leveraged the last 60+ years of breading for cannabinoid production?

Why throw that work out?

Does that make it “marijuana”?

Nope.

5 Likes

Well played. I never took a real look at hemp-based flowering before mainly because I don’t grow flowering hemp or cbd based strains.

I took a look at some Google pictures it totally looks like someone took hemp and a regular cannabis strain and kept breeding that result over and over again with hemp until it hit a 3%thc level.

2 Likes

Of course hemp is marijuana. It’s all cannabis sativa. On the other hand, all the high cbd stuff being grow is about as far from hemp as you can get. It’s definitely marijuana lite, or more like the NA equivalent for a beer.

We could be growing hemp for cannabinoids, but why do that when we could grow high cbd, low thc marijuana that fits the farm bill as hemp. It’s hemp in the eyes of that law, but far from it realistically speaking. How many fiber manufacturers out there growing high cbd stuff for fiber vs actual hemp?

1 Like