new California butane sale laws??

Sweetening

:joy:you are right guess it s my trademark can t spell a word right

4 Likes

I always blame it on auto-spell-correct! :laughing:

I thought google might have needed some help on this one though!

1 Like

I need a few

Sorry got my 10 tanks and am holding onto them

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! From diagrams it looks a little too sophisticated to try and set up . May try and find someone to consult for this and teach me.

So have gas companies started to require seeing your type 7 licenses or is it still operating like normal??

1 Like

Haha not at all. I have one gas supplier hitting me up asking how much he needs to drop his price to get my business back. And he’s a big so cal supplier

4 Likes

Place x13 in blasting tube larger the better
And dirty gas in collection pot
And recover gas from the top of blasting tube have a whif how that helps
Take recovered gas to -5C and once cold blast off all gas not liquified
Have a whif again
If still scent send me a dm

4 Likes

Do yall recommend the x13 4x8 or x13 8x12. Apologies for the noob questions!

Don t know have to look into that I just by x13😁 If the reading is about size of the pores I would get the 4x8
More pore sizes for your. Buck :grin:

1 Like

Butane is in vegas HMU.

2 Likes

RHS refine hydrocarbon solutions they will sale you anything when they ask or you legal just say yes I have all my permits in order and bamboo you got gas in bulk to my understanding it’s on the Byers’s if fought traveling with tanks is a 2500 dollar fine I’m willing to take the risk smuggling tanks a few hours

4 Likes

Called it.

7 Likes

its gonna be interesting when an EPA agent follows a delivery truck for one of these big solvent companies that deliver and tags them $2500 for each delivery. This can bankrupt a few California companies if not playing by the rules. This will interesting to see this unfold.

I really dont see how the big companies are gonna get around this law once enforcement starts happening. Its an almost no brainer for the consumer…Try and buy a 500lb tank and just sit on it. the gas companies have a real issue in the future.

1 Like

My friends down in sacramento who do smaller scale operations say their N-butane source will continue selling tanks until they are force to shut it down.

4 Likes

I stumbled on this post trying to see what people were doing trying to get their propane (I know it’s a butane post ) but I live in Colorado where all Distributors need a business license along with your MED stuff. There is one company that will still sell gas, but they are rumored to snitch people out. That’s why I was trying to see if there was a method to remove the sulfur smell from propane and I found the answer, hopefully it will work

1 Like

Everybody just go get a Sellers / Wholesalers permit and you can order as much gas from whichever company to “resell” … (mind blown)

7 Likes

Possibly, but I imagine 13x will also adsorb a significant amount of the solvent. I have used pure copper still packing scrubby material to reactively adsorb the sulfur compounds from the solvent without adsorbing the solvent, itself.

@Roguelab I hope you are kidding about using Lye and 30% peroxide in the solvent?! That sounds like a recipe for a fiery explosion! :scream:

4 Likes

An honor receive a reply from you , hope you are doing well. Actually reminds me of the tip whenever you are doing moonshine you can pack your column to achieve that as well. So my question would be I have a 4" diameter by 36" column which can be reduced down to 24", About how much copper do you recommend and tightly of a pack ? Very intrigued to get this started !

1 Like