new California butane sale laws??

It generally takes some time for the reaction to occur, and it can be sped up with a touch of moisture, and a bit of heating/reflux in your collection pot with a condenser on top, or just keep circulating it with the recovery pump. If there is other junk in there you are worried about, you can do a cool recovery distillation (lower pot temperature than you will use during extractions) and/or 13X in the pot after the copper.

You are correct that the copper packing is used in ethanol production distillations for removing sulfur compounds, too. It works best if it is very clean, so if it is not shiny brand new, you can soak the mesh in citric acid water to clean it, then rinse with distilled, shake out excess water and air dry it. The moisture naturally adsorbed to its surface should be sufficient to initiate the reactions in the solvent.

5 Likes

My next question would be the more copper in the column the better? If I was to use some 13x what ratio to copper would you recommend ?

No not lying it a the way the oil/gas industrie get s rid of mercaptans for they are slightly acitic
But that process is not one I share on how to for the same reason
But it does work

2 Likes

It is dry here, looked today

1 Like

@Efficio

1 Like

I got him on a tapper

2 Likes

So it’s been a month since the new laws have gone in place. What has been everyone’s experience? Have prices gone up, going with deliveries, got a certain license just for gas? Just trying to get an idea of how the law is impacting everyone.

2 Likes

Thats a negative from BVV, I tried on july 13th, they emailed me saying Ca law prohibits this.

2 Likes

Someone go ro oregon or nevada with a uhaul and get a double up at least. Maybe i ahould have bought rhose 100 tanks

guess you havent heard of the secret butane handshake?? From what i hear, its business as usual after the secret handshake

:thinking::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

All my suppliers continue delivering me clean gas

2 Likes

Still no issue at all getting butane

3 Likes

You guys must know the handshake. :joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Where do you need it shipped to? Dm me

1 Like

I got 5 200# tanks I’m trying to get rid of… full

4 Likes

How much for 1?

1 Like

in need , in 951

Is extractor depot not supplying clean gas out there?

1 Like

We definitely are supplying clean gas let me know if you need any

2 Likes

Please contact us for any questions you have about supply. Thanks.

3 Likes