New butane tank and valve is different it’s cga555

So I got a new 120# butane tank and the valve is cga 555. That valve has the dip tube connection, a quarter inch vapor port and a pressure valve on the other side. I could order the adapter
and wait. And I can’t just go buy one anywhere in town. My question is can’t I just pull vapor from the 1/4 side and pump it threw my coils into my holding tank? And then the real question is, would that be distilled gas?

1 Like

Yes, if your source tank has a vapor port you can distill straight from your source tank. You are distilling anytime you are transferring from a vapor port to another vessel. Some like to distill more than once depending on the quality of their source gas.

2 Likes

yep. and no need to pump if you can get your holding tank below 0C

3 Likes

That’s what I thought. I just wasnt sure if there could be contaminants in the vapor.
When I distill I run the new gas threw a 3 bye 48 inch tube with old spent material. My thinking is the material is acting like a filter, I have seen rust and other crap come out of tanks. When I’m done getting my gas I just throw the material and the oil away which both smells real BAD!
The adapter is only 30 bucks but it’s the wait and now three days of no work. But if I can just run vapor threw a material tube, that sounds like I can go back to work tomorrow.
The gas is good. Supposedly the gas is from Texas and 95% pure out of the ground and they clean it to 99. something %. There called The Hydrocarbon Company in Humboldt. I’m really happy with with the guys service there.

1 Like

It looks like some others have suggested a work around. This is just a suggestion, but if you buy your gas from us you will a) get a CGA 510 valve if you’d like, b) won’t need to distill because it’s very clean and we do an interior cylinder clean in house to ensure purity levels are kept. The rust is most definitely coming from inside of the cylinder. Also, let me know what general area you’re located. We have adapters at all our locations. Thank you.

Yeah no need to wait for an adapter and also no need to run through spent material. It may hold back some of the sediment but ultimately it will just create more for you to clean out of your collection.

1 Like

What kind of gas did you get

Really?! Because I tried to call yesterday and couldn’t get ahold of anyone. I drove to your Samoa location yesterday and the guy has no idea about the business at all, had to call someone. I couldn’t be helped. That’s what happened the first time I went there except that man was very strange and I didn’t feel comfortable. I did get a call back from a Pottstown Pa number, which is weird because I grew up 20 minutes from there. And at this point I can order what I need myself without doing it on a phone call. James from THC made us feel comfortable, I didn’t feel that way going there.

Straight butane. He has blends too.

I know, i lnow who he is and where i was just curious if you got straight iso i just finished a tank of it from them and was wondering if tou had the same experience as me

Also l have used your gas when I did a consolation a while back. I got the same reaction that I always get when I distill gas, mystery oil.

1 Like

What did you experience?

I think you would be better off distilling through a column of molecular sieve beads or something of the sort. You’re gas could possibly pick up terpenes or moisture If you are passing it through the spent material.

It goes in the 4/24 inch molecular sieve tube. I also have filters before and after the cmep pumps. I also have sight glass on the recovery tank, I’ve seen gas tape get through before the filters were added.

1 Like

If you tape your own threads make sure the tape doesn’t over hang the bottom thread. If you do you’ll get tape in your system like you’ve experienced. Once that bottom ring of tape comes loose you shouldn’t get any more though. A better option is to use compression fittings and skip the tape all together.

A sieve is unnecessary if you’re distilling new gas. If you’re going to continue distilling through spent material you’ll want to continue using one though.

2 Likes

I miss my big feed tank…bean tapping cans lately and ughh…takes forever to load ur gas… hell I have to throttle back the feed grill tank style size ones

A very very heavy chlorine smell and way above normal psi

I liked the results I was getting with premium whip it blend, but hated all the cans and yeah the time sucks.

1 Like

Definitely didn’t get any other smell but tane. The last tank I got was a blend 70/30 n tane propane and that one smelled just tane too.

Ya i got all three the iso was the only one, was just curious. I just ended ip dumping it all anyway