New 0 Distillate Oil, Does The Color Matter

LOL Apothecary36… Yes I will post a picture in a few minutes. I really appreciate all of the input. I know why its important to remove fats, lipids ect for the distilation process or if you need an isolate for a topical formula since the manufacturing machinery its necessary. If the oil smokes amazing, no cough whatsoever and it delivers a phenomenal experience.

Why go any further…

Ill send different pictures along with the different stages it was in.

Good Question Vitamin_Green!

It is very close to a “Rosin” as far as its characteristics. Except our machine has it fluid enough and ready to vape as soon as it comes out and is not a sticky messy gooo… I can process aprox 3.5 lbs every 10 minutes where I end up with a full spectrum crude. There are obviously all of the post steps the crude can be taken through afterwards. I am just very curious as to “why”. The only one I can think of is public perception of color. But yes, it is very close to a “rosin” but slightly more fluid that smokes wonderful in a 1.6 or 2.0 cart

1 Like

This sounds bunk, pics or it didn’t happen.

4 Likes

It’s sounds like you’re a little misinformed. Do you smoke? Do you dab? How does your product compare to others. Try not to say anything you already said if possible, you’re beginning to sound like @ CEMAINSTRUMENT lol

1 Like

So I’m just gonna take a wild guess… You’re using a heated centrifuge?

4 Likes

Oooh I thought about this a while ago. Maybe blast some hot nitrogen in there and it’ll melt itself out?

I wonder what the extraction efficiency is? Have you tested your material for residual cannabinoids?

2 Likes

Should I bust out my flip flops, the panda and the dreidle again?

2 Likes

The one glass container is only a thin film and you can see where it gets thicker it starts to get dark.
The plastic container I am shinning a light through the back of it.
This is what it looks like in a cart “RSO style” No further filtration.

AGAIN I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL

I am just looking for feedback as to if there is a market and going through all of the distilation and isolation processes.

1 Like

Put some crc media in your heated fuge bro

1 Like

No Apoth it is not a heated centrifuge. We engineered, designed and built the original prototype which lead to the final machine. It is currently “patent pending” and is not a centrifuge even though we do have a secondary process of a centrifuge for removing any tiny particles of plant matter that made it by.

The main reason for this thread is because I keep thinking “why break it apart”

1 Like

I mean, I guess the answer is… Maybe?

Do many people want to pay a premium for a darker low cananbanoid content oil just because it’s “solvent less”? It’s not big in my markets, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Some people on here are gonna say smoking the fats are bad for yah.

You might be ablemto sell it as the new & better RSO. But most people on this forum turn their nose up to crude products.

4 Likes

Does your process decarb the product, or are you able to have a finished oil without decarbing?

Lol I thought I figured you out :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe Is something like a screw press for oil…

You keep saying “why break it apart” why distillate and isolate…

That’s what the crude dudes make. Distillate and isolate will always be trash compared to some fire bho. Just my opinion…

5 Likes

Good response Tweedledew.

And yes I have been waiting for someone to share with my why the fats are bad for you. Especially in such small amounts. There are good and bad fats just like good and bad cholesterol. I was wondering if it is just part of marketing based on a required step in there process.
Where my question comes from is I go to places like Med Men for information. I look at the make up of many of there oils. Large majority are in the 20% THC percentage. This is after the oil has been extracted, went through many processes and then someone takes it and puts it back together. When mine is done it is in the area of 35-40% canabanoids and anywhere from 25-32% THC and ready for use in a total process time of 1 hr 45 min. If I get it to distilate it is in the 75-80%. But it is so much work and then people by the distilates and then try to re-build a specific profile and its never the same.

I will continue to finalize my process through the isolate process but it just seems as if there could be a shorter path and the current path was basically written because of existing extraction processes.

dmso as the solvent. it is not a chemical, it’s the by product of a tree. the freezing temperature of dmso is very high (66 f). so, separation process would be easy. i thought about that for to long now. i have a gal dmso here, i’ll give it a whirl. or stop me if someone has already tried that.

1 Like

I think it all has to do with your market and your buyers, if your looking to put the highest potency in the smallest package then distilate or isolate is it. If aiming for a multitude of cannabinoids and not as high of potency then yours could or does definitely have a place. All depends on your end user or buyer

Medmen :joy:

8 Likes

Hey Apoth I think we are much closer in our thought processes. Yes, I am speaking for the distilation and isolate process as “breaking it apart”. I am very aware of the black tar fire you are speaking of. The stuff you butter on paper and roll a joint in or smoke it like dabbing. That is the very similar to what I am talking about but it takes me 1 hr 45 minutes start to finish and I can make about 15 liters a day and its all “fire”. Would love to get the same starting biomass, lets say go and compare…I know where you are coming from and you are right. Now just imagine that fire faster, cleaner and easier to handle. Is there a market for that.

Im not sure what you mean by figure me out lol. Only a handful of people have seen my machine. From the person that won one of the cannabis cups for Northern Lights #5 and has made “fire” for years has given me a "best oil he has ever had’ thumbs up.

These are the reasons for my thought process. I feel that the “fire” has never been manufactured in a way for it to be marketable.

But you are correct Apoth that stuff is fire…

2 Likes