That’s terrifying a

16 Likes

Its actually secure but still quite terrifying

10 Likes

How are even alive right now brother?

13 Likes

I live dangerously

8 Likes

Okay so it seems like there are 3 settings on the panda not just on/ off.

If you turn it on and then turn the handle halfway toward the off position, the panda will spin slower and you can get a balanced rotation before going into the full rpm

13 Likes

Only problem I see is that you aren’t getting the gravity pulling in the downward direction you desire—at least not to the full extent. The downward motion is caused by the angled walls of the cone.

If you could get it spinning at an angle it would be much more effective. Then you’d need a counter balance.

EDIT: A fully refurbished Beckman Coulter Avanti J-20 can be purchased for less than $10k. Worth looking into if you’re settling on centrifugation as your primary filtration method.

Oh, and it spins up to 20,000 rp
Oh, AND it cools down to -10C

8 Likes

this whole set up costed me $200 :rofl:
I dont have 10k for a fuge at the moment but I appreciate the reference

3 Likes

TBH I’m just as impressed with the home-engineering as I am with the size of your solid gold gonads dude.

I’d have been crying in the corner

13 Likes

Thanks! Haha It’s not as sketch in person trust me. The panda stops easily with some force or with the handle. The steel is secure by the drain valve and the foam… somehow

8 Likes

Did you have any luck sourcing these through thermo-fisher or Thomas sci?

If this tech is anything like their cart shooter, it’s definitely just off-the-shelf repurposed for cannabis.

1 Like

I got mine for $40.

Turns out it doesn’t cool :cry:

The vac pump works…

5 Likes

You used keif and added 10% pentane for nucleation then evaporated the pentane via vacuum and and weighed out vials and spun for 2 hours? I want to know the process lol

1 Like

Holy fuck.tell me what is going on here

1 Like

So did it work???

1 Like

Speaking of using centrifuge… how do people separate Terps from they bho runs using benchtop centrifuge? I’ve heard of some people using it… not sure how the whole process would turn out. What product would work best for the separation and how good is the Terps from when things get finished?

They use tubes with a frit. There is at least one thread on the subject. Turns out it’s not this one :slight_smile:

4 Likes
5 Likes

This tech is amazing. Didn’t get a pic of how green the sugar was, has a blowout and the kief just wrecked the color.

Bought the centrifuge stuff, thinking it wouldn’t work as advertised, worked EXACTLY as advertised. Holy shit.

8 Likes

Now how do you get the bottom layer out? Do you have to cut the tubes?